Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.
Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.
I still think some of this "left over" cladding that was purchased after the demise of PAS was rejects and seconds. Especially front arches.
Trust me it wasn't I was at PAS the weeks before it's end. Actually, I was invited to come look at the parts that were left over and buy what ever I could afford and I did. So I have first hand knowledge not a hypothesis.
I purchased a front arch from Guy in 2002. It arrived all wrapped in bubble wrap, and Styrofoam tape. Very nice. 10 years later, I unwrapped it for use, and every single tab was broken off. The 'attachment' point to the arch was extremely thin. Too thin. I suspect that PAS got tired of all the hassle of broken tabs, the supplier had to modify the mold or the process, and the too-thin arches were not used. But they are still in these "NOS" inventories.
Possible your fault but without knowing where and how you stored it can't give an honest answer.
So if I pay $1,000 for a front arch, and it arrives with every single tab busted off, is it still worth $1,000 dollars? It's not "NOS" any more, it's all busted and needs hours of work to be useable. And still won't be "NOS" because of the repairs.
Depends if your restoring a vehicle (any vehicle) to NOS/Concourse level then you buy NOS parts and you fix them. In some cases you would actually buy a donor car or cars to acquire as many original parts as possible. Like you said if it's not an original restoration then buy the fiberglass parts for your truck.
The funny part is I paid to have the molds made of all of the Sonoma GT cladding so they would be available for everyone and can't remember the gentleman's name that made the Syclone and Typhoon cladding molds for those part so they also would be available. What you sir have no clue is how much money and time it takes to get the molds made and money you need to invest into such a project.
I will jump back to your childish personal slam on me as I find it truly funny.
Well whopopie for you Marty that you can afford to spend $1,500 for a fender for a POS 2nd gen.
Really you going to call my car a POS that's just childish have you ever seen it or are you a Ford vs Chevy guy.
Edit: I forgot, it's not your money. Your projects are sponsored.
Really are you sure about that. On Syborg I spent close to $200,000 of my personal money on that project. I was given discounts but nothing was free on that project.
On the POS Camaro project. That was all me sister nothing free on that one either. I used all of the same guys that helped me out with the truck and the 57 which you may have also missed.
It's OP money. People don't give a shit what stuff costs as long as someone else is paying for it. Whether a 2nd Gen NOS fender, or a Ty corner for an insurance job.
Would be awesome but like I said above nothing for free on any of my projects. I am just a hard working guy that likes cars. Most likely I work a few more hours a week then you do so I can afford to do what I do. I also don't waste my money on, Alcohol, Drugs and or Cigarettes. When I want something I work my ass off to make it happen. I look up to people that have worked hard and earned what they have unlike most people today. Personally you sound like one of those kids that don't like people that work for what they have. Most importantly my wife & I make sure our family is taken care of first and then and only then do we spend money on personally stuff and this is how is should be.
So since I don't know you personally and have never once had a conversation with you I won't judge you by your childish comments like you have judged me. Remember it was a small group of guys that started Sportmachines.com, Syty.org, SyTy.net and we all spent countless hours and personal money building these sites so you and other could enjoy them.
Unfortunately the childish BS is still happening here.