WTB: Driver side rear corner cladding.

T-Bone

Active member
Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

No offense T-Bone you personally were one of the main reasons I stopped visiting syty.net. You always felt / feel the need to stick your 2 cents in everywhere you can and trust me I heard from many people that thought you needed to be banned from the board but that never happened as you are still here posting your 2 cents in every chance you get.

It's funny I jumped on today just to see what was going on and your post was front and center and I just laughed and I said well look "Jimmy's still Jimmy".

Apparently you have no idea who I am. Jimmy is another clown from another planet. You and I have had business transactions and I always respected your talent at building vehicles....still do.

When wrong needs addressed, I will address it when others cower. If that offends you, I apologize.
 

Syborg Twin Turbo

Syborg Twin Turbo
Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

What I see here is a guy learning what it cost to buy these trucks and parts. Sure is a whole lot more work then you thought it was and unfortunately that's why these parts cost what they cost. Now just imagine adding the add in the cost of renting a building, paying utility's, property taxes, insurance, payroll, payroll taxes, unemployement contributions and so on.

So one day when you actually own your own business and actually see what it cost to operate you will see that the money needs to come from somewhere. So you go about your little stress free life and works for someone else so you can enjoy your paid vacations, holidays and sick days and only worry about your family's well being. When you own a business you have to worry about your family and all of the people that work for you.

Here is my 2 cents why don't you tell your wife and family your going to pull $100 grand out your 401k and buy a bunch of syty parts, get a warehouse so you can store the parts and spend all of your free time giving away parts for free. Please tell me how that goes over.

In reality you should be happy that there are guys that did exactly that so you didn't have to.


What cheap Ty's??? I bought a white/white out of New Mexico for $8000 and paid $1100 to get it shipped. It arrived totally misrepresented and ran like crap so I parted it out because unlike you, I don't try to peddle junk to others (feedback doesn't lie). When all the dust settled, I lost about $800 so no, I do not see the correlation.

I bought a Garnet Ty off ebay that was known about on here but nobody jumped on. Again, I paid $7500 + associated fees to go N and retrieve it. Then tagged it with 9.5% TN tax added on. I sold it for $10,500 so you do the math genius....I don't buy cheap and quadruple my costs in a greedy attempt to be advantaged by someone else.

You would do well to close your pie hole most of the time until you have all the facts. Still would like to know about "ALL" these Ty's I bought and flipped so enlighten me :tup:
 

syclone3

Member
Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

If I was the original poster. Get some of the fiberglass cladding thats available. ( Rancho Cucamonga) I have seen and worked on a TY that had all of it. Nice stuff. Unless you just have to get OEM units.
 

Syborg Twin Turbo

Syborg Twin Turbo
Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

If I was the original poster. Get some of the fiberglass cladding thats available. ( Rancho Cucamonga) I have seen and worked on a TY that had all of it. Nice stuff. Unless you just have to get OEM units.

Pretty new Sonoma GT - please tell me more
 

anryo

Donating Member
Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

OMG guys! What's happening here? :)
I did make a search on the forum and I saw arches go around $100...150 and corners $450...500, so those are the prices I am comfortable with. Maybe little more, if needed but $1100 for both is out of my budget. With this price I can easily make at least two copies from each based my broken parts. I have all the pieces to glue it together sand down and make a mold.

I have had few other offers also, but not for the black ones I would like to have. I'm not in that hurry yet and can spend few more days for hunting parts before buying.

So - all offers are very welcome!
 

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box
Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

What cheap Ty's??? I bought a white/white out of New Mexico for $8000 and paid $1100 to get it shipped. It arrived totally misrepresented and ran like crap so I parted it out because unlike you, I don't try to peddle junk to others (feedback doesn't lie). When all the dust settled, I lost about $800 so no, I do not see the correlation.

I bought a Garnet Ty off ebay that was known about on here but nobody jumped on. Again, I paid $7500 + associated fees to go N and retrieve it. Then tagged it with 9.5% TN tax added on. I sold it for $10,500 so you do the math genius....I don't buy cheap and quadruple my costs in a greedy attempt to be advantaged by someone else.

You would do well to close your pie hole most of the time until you have all the facts. Still would like to know about "ALL" these Ty's I bought and flipped so enlighten me :tup:

If you can't see the obviously correlation, that's on you. They bought something with intent for profit, just like you did. Profit margin was better for them.

Not saying either is wrong, just interesting that you are attacking him for it.
 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

OMG guys! What's happening here? :)

Not your fault, but I think an important and enlightening conversation took place.

Outside of the personal attacks, I think some good points were made:

DaveP: That "we have that" and "check your PM's" responses to parts requests do NOTHING to help ME determine what the value of these parts IS. Ie, what the go-to guys that have inventory actually attempt to sell them for.
Marty: It's called Supply and Demand
T-bone:Making a profit is accepted and you guys hoarded the supply at dirt cheap prices; gouging folks in need is criminal.

Look, I don't know what people paid for the surplus supply at PAS, and I'm ALL for capitalism, but this is a small community and one had to weigh the risk of going into the spare SyTy parts business from the start. If we eat our own, this community could not thrive. As the trucks and parts get older and more rare, prices will rise...but we have an obligation, in my opinion, to protect members with careful consideration of setting market prices so that there is PROFIT and at the same time, within reach of members in need. :2cents:
 

DaveP

Active member
Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

.........
 
Last edited:

Jimmy

Banned
Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

Maybe I never have anything nice to say,but maybe that's because I know the difference between a car guy and a used car salesman. :dunno:

The only ppl who don't like me here are the ppl I call out on thier BS.

I'm cool as **** with everybody else. Figure that out. :tup:

Somebody has to tell the truth.
 

anryo

Donating Member
Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

And you may not know this: The "black" cladding is painted. It is not the raw plastic. So even new parts will need to be prepped and painted. So if you find used parts in reasonable condition in the 'wrong' color, you will have the same amount of paint work regardless of if you use the used or new.
I have heard both opinions, so I was not sure so far. It does help me now, knowing this. Thank's!
 

Syborg Twin Turbo

Syborg Twin Turbo
Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

Maybe I never have anything nice to say,but maybe that's because I know the difference between a car guy and a used car salesman. :dunno

Normally I would just let this die but your comment made me laugh.
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

Normally I would just let this die but your comment made me laugh.

Normally.I wouldn't have commented,but I've seen Dave at multiple events over the years,but I never seen you. Dave is usually the smartest guy in the room.

Just sayin'.
 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

Re: WTB: Rear left quarter cladding, rear left wheel arch cladding rear left light.

Normally I would just let this die but your comment made me laugh.

In respect to the OP, let's resist the urge to keep side conversation alive.

thanks.
 

anryo

Donating Member
Re: WTB: Driver side rear corner cladding.

Only need rear driver corner cladding - have found rest of the stuff.
 
Top