Photoshopped picture?

mattw

Active member
Re: Photoshopped picture?

AC Cover is complete..

32_AC%20Cover%20Complete.JPG



I did some more work on the wiring. Main positive cable junction box installed. I am going to add some posts up on the fender to hook a charger to/etc..

33_Positive%20Battery%20Cable%20Terminals.JPG



Some of my wiring is working.. :) I'm almost ready to hook up the ECMs and make sure I can data log and read the engine/tranny sensors..

35_Some%20of%20my%20wiring%20is%20working%201.JPG


36_Some%20of%20my%20wiring%20is%20working%202.JPG
 

mattw

Active member
Re: Photoshopped picture?

I've got the MAP sensor and coil bracket CADed up and ready to cut. Hopefully I can get them cut and test fit sometime in the next few days..

37_MAP%20Sensor%20Bracket%20CAD.jpg


38_Coil%20Bracket.jpg
 

mattw

Active member
Re: Photoshopped picture?

Coil Bracket(I need to clean that old coil up...):

39_Coil%20Bracket.JPG


MAP sensor bracket:

41_MAP%20Sensor%20Bracket.JPG


Negative terminal added to frame and additional(fused) wires added to hot junction:

42_Hot%20Junction%20Box.JPG


This is as bracket I am working on that will hold the ECM wires tight to the firewall. Once the engine is slid back there will be very little room(maybe 1/4") between the back of the engine and the bracket...:

43_ECM%20Wire%20Bracket.JPG
 

mattw

Active member
Re: Photoshopped picture?

I need the 3 wire connector that plugs into the injector harness plug of the engine wiring harness...

The part I need would plug into this:

Injector%20Connector%201.JPG


Injector%20Connector%202.JPG


If anyone has one they can part with please let me know. My guess is that this is not sy/ty specific so if you have any old GM injector harness laying around you probably have what I need.

Or if you are planning to go to a you-pull-it yard anytime soon please look for this connector for me. My guess is you could find it on just about any GM injector harness.
 

mattw

Active member
Re: Photoshopped picture?

I got my throttle cable brackets CADed up.. I've been updating the to-do list in post 80...

Getting there...

44_Throttle%20Cable%20Brackets.jpg
 

mattw

Active member
Re: Photoshopped picture?

I cut my throttle cable bracket today...



46_Throttle%20Cable%20Bracket%201.JPG


47_Throttle%20Cable%20Bracket%202.JPG


48_Throttle%20Cable%20Bracket%203.JPG


I also remember to take a pic of my bracket/heat sheild for the ecm wires..

45_ECM%20Wire%20heat%20shield.JPG
 

mattw

Active member
Re: Photoshopped picture?

I decided to re-do that throttle cable bracket.. I've shortened up the slider part that bolts to the manifold, lowered the part the cable goes through so that its even with the rest, and removed the holes from he back-plate so that I can drill/tap...

49_Throttle%20Cable%20Bracket%20CADs%20V2.jpg
 

mattw

Active member
Re: Photoshopped picture?

I had to make a tool.. Anyone want to guess what I used it for??

53_Tool.JPG
 

MikeRenz

not stock
Re: Photoshopped picture?

a makeshift line wrench...i bet i can guess what exactly its for but i have a slight advantage.
 

mattw

Active member
Re: Photoshopped picture?

a makeshift line wrench...i bet i can guess what exactly its for but i have a slight advantage.

Yep, worked perfectly.. I couldn't find a 16mm line wrench anywhere.. I guess its a non-standard size for line wrenches to come in..???
 

mattw

Active member
Re: Photoshopped picture?

Stock line -> Fuel Filter -> Whipple Fuel Pressure Sensor fitting -> RPM 16x1.5 to -8AN -> Braided -8AN -> Rail:

56_Fuel%20filter_FPG_fitting_8anAdapter.JPG


Random shots of engine:

61_Left%20Engine.JPG


59_Right%20Engine.JPG


I think I've got just about all of the wiring in place. There are still some connections that need solder and heat shrink and obviously everything needs to be loomed. I'm going to make sure it starts and that everything works properly before I do that though..
 

mattw

Active member
Re: Photoshopped picture?

So I've got the sy/ty 749 ECM all wired it up. I powered up the ECM, loaded up a bin(thanks Keith) in my Autoprom, turned the key forward and after some troubleshooting I was able to datalog. I haven't tried to start it yet. That MAY happen this week..

I want to wire up my fuel pressure gauge and WB 02 before I try to start it. I also need to connect the purple starter wire and the main power line to the starter.
 

mattw

Active member
Re: Photoshopped picture?

So I've got my heater core return and t-stat neck mocked up:

65_Upper%20Rad%20hose%20and%20heater%20core%20return.JPG


66_Upper%20Rad%20hose.JPG


67_Upper%20Rad%20hose%20and%20heater%20core%20lines.JPG


The engine actually goes back about another 1/2" so I am happy with the clearance.

As for my air intake its going to head this way then go down to the intercooler...

68_Intake%20Plumbing.JPG


And here is how it sat when I left:

64_Rad%20Support%20Rad%20condensor%20tranny%20cooler%20grill.JPG
 

mattw

Active member
Re: Photoshopped picture?

First Start:



2nd Start:



Exhaust and turbo whine:



As you can imagine I am now VERY eager to get this buttoned up and driveable!!!
 
Top