My performance build....11.50's?????

TYHOGG

Active member
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

Heres an idea...leave it stock and it wont break everytime you drive it.
 

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

Unless you are looking towards future upgrades, I think you have right turbo for stock heads/cam. The 67 will make 700+ hp (crank), a stock long will make no where near that. You would probably be slower with it.

Dave is right. The correct mods are needed for this turbo to run like it is suppose to.
 
Last edited:

Treymen

Donating Member
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

Heres an idea...leave it stock and it wont break everytime you drive it.

They still break when they are stock. Why not have even more fin with it? Everything I am doing can be undone and I am keeping all the stock parts.
 

It's just a six

Super Member
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

I am thinking of trying the q16 myself instead of the c

Just be careful w/the Q16, if you are running lean or anywhere close to being lean w/your present fuel, Q16 will definately give you a leaner A/F ratio.. I know, I have seen it first hand on my Sy & have heard the same from a lot of racers.

Also, yes, the Q16 does not smell good @ all IMO.
 

cloneman315

Active member
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

Yeah i am safe around 11.5 afr,but I do know you have to compensate for the q16
 

SYCLONE#1531

'MOFOFAST
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

I swapped to the q16 when I installed the bosch 044 fuel pump , braided fuel lines and cell. Im guessing, the more abundent volume of fuel supply helped even my tune back to where it was on the C16. Its running 11.2 /4 afrs in boost on the Q. I guess I was lucky not having to do a retune!!:D
 

Treymen

Donating Member
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

Just brought the truck home from the paint shop. Needs a cut and polish, but it looks amazing already. I filled it with 101 Trick and it runs great. But it's been sitting for almost 6 months. Changed the fuel filter, but I'm going to do wires and cap also. Plugs only have about 100 miles on them. Does MSD or Accel, Mallory make a big gauge wire set for these trucks, or do I have to assemble my own?
 

Treymen

Donating Member
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

Update: My engine builder is trying to convince me to go with a 20G turbo. He is very knowledgeable about this turbo.

I told him about the 6765, but he is not familiar with PTE. Any thoughts on this? Will a 20g get me where I want to be? Does it have that much potential?
 

eviltwin

"junkyard syclone"
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

How can he not know anything about Precision turbos, there one of the top turbo manufactures now days... ?
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

Even though 11's are attainable with the 20g, I think you will be maxed out pretty good by the time you get there.
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

Update: My engine builder is trying to convince me to go with a 20G turbo. He is very knowledgeable about this turbo.

I tend to error on the small side when picking a turbo, but I wouldn't pick 20G to run 11.5 in Typhoon. I think you would be pretty good just to runs 11.9 with a 20G & Typhoon. I think you would at the very least need a 3" downpipe.

I know the Evo are running mid 11's with their stock 20g's but they rev their motor a lot higher than we do. The also use GT35R to run 9's. They are just aren't good comparisons in terms of turbo sizing.
 

silverblaz

Member
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

I had a 20G and went to a PT-60-1 and it is night and day don't bother wasting your money on a 20G
 

Icarus-54

Donating Old Member
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

I run a pte 6265 dbb w/billit wheel,2800 stall conv.,custom comp cam-218-218 dur,528 lift with a 113 lsa.Very streetable,spools like a super charger,and has more torq than you ever need.Cam is 113 lsa to help boost cylinder pressure because my compression ratio is only 8.4
 

Treymen

Donating Member
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

spool up time on a 6765 is good? Doesn't take all day?
The reason I ask is the track where I will b taking it usually only does a one light tree. Not a ton of staging time!

Quick spool, streetable, and plenty of power potential are must's
 

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

spool up time on a 6765 is good? Doesn't take all day?
The reason I ask is the track where I will b taking it usually only does a one light tree. Not a ton of staging time!

Quick spool, streetable, and plenty of power potential are must's

You should call SyTy Performance or Campbell Automotive and talk to them about your build and get there input. I talked to Mike Lee several times before I bought mine. He spent the time to tell me the turbo he suggested for my build and why. I made sure and bought my turbo from him also since he was kind enough to work with me.

As far as the 6765 on my truck. I notice zero lag. When I step on the throttle it goes. Quickly. It is as streeable as it was with a stock turbo.

A truck has to have the right parts and tune for whatever turbo is used. Including the correct torque converter.
 

Treymen

Donating Member
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

Well, thats about 5 different owners that really like the 6765. It's rated up to 750 hp, so there is plenty of room to grow. And if there is low spool-up/lag time, that sounds like the one for me.
 
Top