My performance build....11.50's?????

sleeper92

New member
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

I have a good idea of what it's going to take to build this truck into an 11.50 or better street killer.

I would like some input from the guys that are already there if I need different or better parts.
Here's a basic rundown of the build. Just want to know if the performance parts I've decided on will work. Forged rods & pistons are a no-brainer!

First off, the truck is going on a diet of about 175lbs. That will be 275 once I figure out the best coilover setup later down the road.

Motor:
.030 over seasoned block. Cryo'd block and cemented bottom
All parts will be cryo treated btw.
Worked over L35's with 2.00 intake
Cam??? Haven't figured that out yet. Thoughts?
PTE-52 turbo
Alky
A2A
60# injectors w/ code59
Electric fan & water pump
3" ATR catback dumped in front of axle

Trans:
Giving my trans builder 1 opportunity to build a bulletproof 700. He swears he can do it. We worked out a deal that if the trans go's within 2 yrs, he will pull the 700, build a TH350 and re-install all for the cost of only the parts that I choose. Seems like a fair deal.

HD fnt prop. Aluminum Rear shaft. Aluminum rear drums. Built Strange rearend. Mono springs w/ caltracs, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda.

Any other suggestions from the guys running low 11's?

Sorry for the long post, but when it comes to this, I'd rather research, research, research and get it right the first time.....Thanks


Trey

What's your build budget for the engine and the rest of the truck?
 

cloneman315

Active member
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

I went high11s on stock pte52 motor with a tune and 50 inj on street tires
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

I agree a 412 cam is more on the mild side. A stock cam is equavalent to 1"er, a 412 is more like a bringing 6"'sword to the fight.

A ported set of L35 is a big unkown they could flow 180cfm or 250cfm. I think the limiting factor in your combo will be the PTE52. I would in tooky's build his pte51 was holding him back as well.
 

BMFB

Not to scale
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

I ran a 12.5 on a full weight ty with unported L-35's, a 412, 20G, and stock injectors @ 14psi (leaky intake), you should be fine with this build...
 

Treymen

Donating Member
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

sleeper92;900879[B said:
]What's your build budget for the engine and the rest of the truck?[/B]


Don't really have a budget. Whatever it takes.
Wish I would have jumped on that aluminum block that came up for sale here a few days ago.....:(
 

Treymen

Donating Member
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

Any noticable difference between the pte52 and 54?
I don't see the 61 on RPM's site anymore
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

52 & 54 have the same 59mm compressor wheel, the 54 has a bigger exhaust turbine wheel.
 

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

Any noticable difference between the pte52 and 54?
I don't see the 61 on RPM's site anymore

I don't know if the pte52 or 54 are even made anymore. Call Mike Lee at RPM. If you tell him your build he will fix you up with a turbo. I would use something like a 6765 if you go with PTE. That will get you into low 11s with a tune no problem.
 

SYCLONE#1531

'MOFOFAST
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

Heres how I did it, STOCK CAMMED LONGBLOCK..... PTB300-6165 (61mm turbo) with RPM downpipe / 38mm ext wastegate, 4lb aluminum exhaust dumped at axle, RPM Fans, Built 700 with custom 3 disc Vigilante 3400 stall manually locked, 12 gallon fuel cell -10 lines from cell to Bosch 044 pump -8 to RPM billet rails, 60lb injectors, RPM Edlebrock conversion , 58mm tb, under bumper ram air intake, ac delete, fmic and RPM multi chip Q16 race tune. now running 26/27lbs. Dont fudge on the convertor! I did at first with a generic 10 in.ebay convertor which ended up destroying my transmission! I couldnt believe the difference from the Generic 10in to the Vigilante! The generic conv could only allow me to spool 3lbs on the line taking past the 60ft to get spooling! The Launch was very dissapointing! 1.8 60fts! The Vigilante 12lbs+ on the line easily, full boost comes in soon as the truck gets moving slamming you in the seat when the conv locks in 2nd. My truck ran a 11.70 at 116 / 7.50 at 96 1/8th on the old convertor and stock intake system and walboro. Walboro failed at the track also! The reason for changing to the fuel cell!! I will be taking the truck to the Reynolds GAST meet to see if I can break into the 10s. Cant wait! Truck runs like a real wild animal now!!!:D
 

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

PTE makes a pte52/54 equavalent. It's called 5962 & 5965. If your buying a new turbo I would buy something larger like the 62/65/67


The newer turbos with the billet wheel are great. I run a 6765 and it very streetable. In fact,I can't tell any difference. Until I want to go fast. Then I can tell.
 

Sean Krupa

Moderator
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

RPM still lists the PTE 52/54 on their website for $875. It seems that if your guna go to a PTE turbo, you are basically forced to run an External WG, unless you find a used Internal Flapper DP.

I would like to upgrade my Snail eventually, so I'm curious to see on what you decide on.
 

Treymen

Donating Member
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

Sounds like good advice so far. I'm gonna have to do some research on the 6765
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: My performance build....11.50's?????

If I new more at the time, I would have also went with the 6765!!

Unless you are looking towards future upgrades, I think you have right turbo for stock heads/cam. The 67 will make 700+ hp (crank), a stock long will make no where near that. You would probably be slower with it.
 
Top