TrboSy2051
New member
Will be getting the Sy painted and just wanted thoughts on paint. I'm leaning towards flat black.
thx
thx
Have you seen pics of otther trucks with flat paint? I'm ambivalent.
Having seen everyone with all gloss trucks, I really appreciate the two tone black gloss/matte finish on a stock truck.
Matte paint seems to be popular on new cars or concept vehicles. Painting a Sy all matte may work but I wonder if it might be seen as trying too hard? Just a thought.
I do like it though.
Look at 92Ty LA's friend's (brother's?) recent truck. Was matte, now gloss. Came out great. I think it was him...
Looking forward to seeing pics when done!
Gloss black body, satin black cladding looks best IMO.
Hyundai Veloster Article said:A matte
finish uses a different coating that defuses light, providing its unique ‘flat’ finish,” the manual explains.
Jay, thanks for the pix.
Currently the Sy is all gloss, but just had the cladding repaired/painted and went with flat on those (so I could go gloss/flat if wanted).
Jabberwalk, is that your truck in the pix? and what about it is hard to maintain? This is the kind of stuff I would like to know before deciding to dive in.
I've never really seen a true flat paint job. I have seen wraps which were so so on cars (I don't want a wrap though). If it went flat, I would also try to go with flat logo's as well. Just had the stock wheels black chromed.
thanks guys.
i'm going to go back to gloss and flat.