Might have found a Ty...finally

T-Bone

Active member
Anybody near Philadelphia, PA that could look at a 93 Typhoon for me? If so, PM me and I can get the specific location. Also, Cdezzz, can you hook me up with a carfax: 1GDCT18Z0P0810554
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: Might have found a Ty...finally

T-Bone said:
Anybody near Philadelphia, PA that could look at a 93 Typhoon for me? If so, PM me and I can get the specific location. Also, Cdezzz, can you hook me up with a carfax: 1GDCT18Z0P0810554
If the guy selling is named Al or Alonzo,it's a rebuilt wreck
 

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013
Re: Might have found a Ty...finally

Jimmy said:
If the guy selling is named Al or Alonzo,it's a rebuilt wreck

I think there are two guys in the philly area that do this.. I believe morgan knows one of them.

depending how close to philly it is, I MIGHT be able to check it out next mon when im down there on business, but ill probably be too drunk to drive anywhere. :tup:
 

akwilks

Mr. Keith
Re: Might have found a Ty...finally

If its the one shown on autotrader for 12,800, the truck is not what it appears to be for 36k mile vehicle. I looked at one a couple days ago and I must warn you that truck did not seem mechanically sound. Just my thoughts...I'm buying my Ty this weekend and I found one that I love!! never owned one before but I cant begin to descibe the test drive....what an incredible truck!!!
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: Might have found a Ty...finally

akwilks said:
If its the one shown on autotrader for 12,800, the truck is not what it appears to be for 36k mile vehicle. I looked at one a couple days ago and I must warn you that truck did not seem mechanically sound. Just my thoughts...!!
Yeah that's it.What's up with it?
 

akwilks

Mr. Keith
Re: Might have found a Ty...finally

The rims waved like the ocean, rust in ALL the usual places, Some modest mods to the engine, and now for what I thought was bad...He drove the truck and I observed....the exhaust sounded like a DC9 taking off, the engine screamed just to accelerate....I tell you I almost abandoned getting a ty but I knew there was no way GMC would put out a truck that retailed for over 30k that would eventually end up like this truck that had such low miles....although the odometer might of substantiated this guy's claim, in my oppinion, theres no way its a low mile truck...again I must advise to stay away unless you like a challenge...the interior is nice and he has a decent alarm system on the vehicle...I just know that the guy on the phone and in person said things to contradict himself which made me suspicious from the beginning...
 

vinnieTy

TY # 1889
Re: Might have found a Ty...finally



Do you mean this one. If so i called the guy and he was very nice. He was trying real hard to sell it said he had a kid on the way. I asked the normal questions and he gave me good answers until he told me the truck has a clean carfax but it was repainted and when they repaited it it came out really crappy. It needs a repaint. I decided to not even drive down to see it. I took a pass on it.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=187741847&dealer_id=56773785&car_year=1993&search_type=both&make=GMC&distance=100&model=TYPH&address=10562&certified=&advanced=&max_price=&bkms=1128079330474&min_price=&end_year=1994&start_year=1991&isp=y&lang=en&cardist=100
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: Might have found a Ty...finally

vinnieTy said:
Do you mean this one. If so i called the guy and he was very nice. He was trying real hard to sell it said he had a kid on the way. I asked the normal questions and he gave me good answers until he told me the truck has a clean carfax but it was repainted and when they repaited it it came out really crappy. It needs a repaint. I decided to not even drive down to see it. I took a pass on it.

Yep, that is the one. He told me there is surface rust under the doors but to come look at it and make an offer. The last one I looked at with a similar description had rust under the doors...........and everywhere else too :).
 

scooting

New member
Re: Might have found a Ty...finally

Hi, I just moved from New Mexico to Baltimore so am a newbie to the rusting problem. My wifes Typhoon has zero rust anywhere, stone stock, never mis-treated. It is no Garage Queen as it has always been one of the cars she drives normally. After my wife bought hers, two other wife's of the guys I worked with got Typhoons, none have any rust. (Was cute when once in a blue moon they would all be waiting in the back parking lot for us to get off.) If the ones you are finding here have all rusted, is it that common? Other than washing it, anything else she should watch out for?
Thanks, Ray
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Might have found a Ty...finally

The rust becomes an issue in winter driving with snow & ice. The snow and ice doesn't harm it, but its the salt and chemicals that the DPW put on the road to treat for those slippery conditions. In the winter, even if you don't drive it when its wet out, the vehicle will be cover with a dirty white spray which get every where underneath. Typically the raod are clean in the early spring and rinsed with the April rain.
 

scooting

New member
Re: Might have found a Ty...finally

Thanks Dave, I can just imagine how everything want to get stuck in the cladding and cracks that our trucks have. Wash a bunch, huh?
Ray
 

SeattleSy#1255

Category 5 Conservative
Re: Might have found a Ty...finally

T-Bone said:
Anybody near Philadelphia, PA that could look at a 93 Typhoon for me? If so, PM me and I can get the specific location. Also, Cdezzz, can you hook me up with a carfax: 1GDCT18Z0P0810554

what playstation money downpayment? ;)
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Might have found a Ty...finally

scooting said:
Thanks Dave, I can just imagine how everything want to get stuck in the cladding and cracks that our trucks have. Wash a bunch, huh?
Ray

The only way to keep any vehicle in the rust belt free from rust is to not drive it in the winter. The further north you go the worse it is. You should be able to keep is looking clean for a 3 or 4 years if you daily drive it, but in the long term you eventually will see rust. Its upto you

In someone way it helps to thouroughly clean the vehicle regularly, but some have told me by washing it, the water to helps aid the salt in oxidation process and it further push the salt and crap into small crevices. I am not 100% sold on the latter.
 

CHELK

Evil One
Re: Might have found a Ty...finally

Thanx for the heads up on this Ty from Philly!! I just emailed the seller and asked him why the tranny needed rebuilt and had to replace the turbo with only 36,000 on the odometer?? Saved me a trip to Philly.....although.....I could have gotten a good cheese steak while I was there. :tup:

Brian
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: Might have found a Ty...finally

CHELK said:
Thanx for the heads up on this Ty from Philly!! I just emailed the seller and asked him why the tranny needed rebuilt and had to replace the turbo with only 36,000 on the odometer?? Saved me a trip to Philly.....although.....I could have gotten a good cheese steak while I was there. :tup:

Brian


x2!! He got beligerent with me when I informed him I knew about his four bent rims as well.
 
Top