Wont go into 1 or 2 manually

NOWAY55

New member
Ok, what would cause me to not be able to move the selector manually past D down into 1 or 2 ?

It seems like it shifts fine on the street going up through the gears. Light throttle 1-2 is around 15 +- 2-3 is around 30 I think

The other thing is that it doesnt seem to downshift very well when you get into it on the highway unless I am just not feeling it.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Wont go into 1 or 2 manually

On stock motor and on the highway, SyTy usually only downshift to 3rd gear. (I think the last time my SY would down shift to 2nd gear is 45mph)
 

lavaman

envision whirled peas
Re: Wont go into 1 or 2 manually

If you're talking "physically shifting" the lever, then maybe if the lever on the trans itself had been altered "wrong" to accomodate a Gilbert Propshaft so now the leverage ratio is changed.
 

jhj

New member
Re: Wont go into 1 or 2 manually

NOWAY55 said:
Ok, what would cause me to not be able to move the selector manually past D down into 1 or 2 ?

It seems like it shifts fine on the street going up through the gears. Light throttle 1-2 is around 15 +- 2-3 is around 30 I think

The other thing is that it doesnt seem to downshift very well when you get into it on the highway unless I am just not feeling it.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.


When I bought mine it was very difficult to get to go into 1 or 2. The problem was that shifter cable was badly rusted and about to break. After it was replaced it works great.
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Wont go into 1 or 2 manually

I would highly recommend a new cable. I hear George makes a nice one. What you will also want to look at, it the P/N switch, it a plastic tab that fits in the bottom of the shifter and sometimes they are not in there.
 

supersports10

New member
Re: Wont go into 1 or 2 manually

i make a aftermarket shifter cable also, in stock ready to go 165 plus shipping + 1 year warranty.:D
 
Top