Whos running RPMs AA intercooler kit?

crusader8

Running Ty Club
Re: Whos running RPMs AA intercooler kit?

Hope this helps

8256850002_large.jpg
 

ty166

Donating Member
Re: Whos running RPMs AA intercooler kit?

here is one installed i picked off someone here on , forget who.
JPICS002.jpg


JPICS003.jpg
 

nello

Active member
Re: Whos running RPMs AA intercooler kit?

Curious for those who are running the RPM or other A/A kit too...ballpark average on your IA temps? Maybe the hightest /lowest temps you've seen. Anyone DM the stock setup before switching over? Differences? The air flow has got to be better with the a/a kit.

I'm also curious how effective A/A is if you suck air in from the engine compartment. Seems counter productive. :dunno:
 

ty166

Donating Member
Re: Whos running RPMs AA intercooler kit?

weird place to put a blow off valve.

thats where it was when i got it.... wouldnt be my first place to mount it but thats what happens when you buy used parts , gotta take what you can get ....
 

nello

Active member
Re: Whos running RPMs AA intercooler kit?

thats where it was when i got it.... wouldnt be my first place to mount it but thats what happens when you buy used parts , gotta take what you can get ....

I like that location, pointed at the inoccent bystanders on the sidewalk :lol:


Curious for those who are running the RPM or other A/A kit too...ballpark average on your IA temps? Maybe the hightest /lowest temps you've seen. Anyone DM the stock setup before switching over? Differences? The air flow has got to be better with the a/a kit.

I'm also curious how effective A/A is if you suck air in from the engine compartment. Seems counter productive. :dunno:

Turns out I can answer one of my own questions. I used to have the RPM A/A but in a pinch I needed to sell it to another forum member. I forgot I had DM back then, turns out I recorded both setups.

DM recording were made on the same truck, same tune, same mods. Engine was up to normal op temps on both runs and outside temps ranged from 70-75degrees.

RPM A/A: lowest IA temp was 79degrees on 1st boost launch and 83 on the second. Temps slowly climbed up 97.5 before the vehicle came to a stop 4minutes later. PEAK temp was 113.

Stock IC (no scoop, hotwire switch, or increased volume capacity): lowest temp was 88degrees on 1st boost launch. On the second launch temps had increased to 105. IA temp was 107 before the vehicle came to a stop approx 4minutes later. PEAK temp was 124

The A/A cooler seems to hold temps pretty steady and is a great kit. Very smooth curve. Not a lot of peaks and valleys on the graph for A/A like the Stock IC cooling system.
 
Re: Whos running RPMs AA intercooler kit?

So do they make these kits anymore? If so what site and how about a price?
 
Top