Where to buy methanol?

live1053rulz

Nor Cal SyTy
Re: Where to buy methanol?

Look for your local racecar gas supply store. That's where I get mine here, real cheap.
 

Loeryder

New member
Re: Where to buy methanol?

walmart sells Heet in 4 packs called 4 to go for ~$2 on sale.

$.50 a bottle isn't too terribly bad.

I had to ask the auto dept if they had any in stock b/c i couldnt find them on the shelf.
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: Where to buy methanol?

Call ALL the local, so-called, bulk plants. The places that sell fuel to farmers, heating oil, ect. I'd bet at least one will have meth. At least one of mine did. He helps sponsor the local Wed night drags as well so you could check that angle.
 

Racer X

New member
Re: Where to buy methanol?

I ran into the same problem when I moved to California.

I found something on-line. Unfortunately, I can't remember the website but I did keep the number. 713-523-7755. I bought a 5 gallon jug relatively cheaply and it was delivered to my house within a couple of days.

I believe they are based out of Texas. Overall, it was a really good experience.

Good luck.

Racer X
 

SacDoug

Member
Re: Where to buy methanol?

If there are any gas stations in your area that sells gas with ethanol in it, you don't need HEET. The ethanol in the gas will absorb the water.
 

Jer

Don't taze me bro!
Re: Where to buy methanol?

I buy 100% racing methanol from two local shops (small town too) for less than $2.50/gal in ANY quantity I want. From 1/gal to a drum (although it would probably be cheaper in that case) and can get it any time. Most importantly I know EXACTLY what I'm getting at all times w/o worries of detergents or other additives like windshield washer fluids.
 

Jer

Don't taze me bro!
Re: Where to buy methanol?

SacDoug said:
If there are any gas stations in your area that sells gas with ethanol in it, you don't need HEET. The ethanol in the gas will absorb the water.


He wants methanol, not ehanol. Two COMPLETELY different things. He's using the HEET for the methanol content for injection purposes.
 

krambo

Ty - fan
Re: Where to buy methanol?

I use a 50/50 mix and just buy the "boost juice" from snow. You can get it online at their website or at a speed shop for 1/2 the price. Its actually a 49/51 meth/water dilution.
 

berzerker

wookie
Re: Where to buy methanol?

i'll let u guy's in on alittle secret . you can buy straight alc. meth at heavy duty truck dealships for pretty cheap . it's sold in 12 oz. bottles all the way up to 1 gallon . it's sold as air brake system de-icer. your local truckstops will have the stuff too.
 

juicehead9

93 Typhoon # 0973
Re: Where to buy methanol?

Berzerker hows the alky kit working for you? Whatsize nozzel are you running?
 

berzerker

wookie
Re: Where to buy methanol?

JUICEHEAD9 kits working great just running the 3gp nozzle .soon to be replaced with 10gp nozzle so i can get the real bonus of running alky. hp with the twist of the knob here i come !!
 

93TyGuy

Boost Freak
Re: Where to buy methanol?

Jer said:
I buy 100% racing methanol from two local shops (small town too) for less than $2.50/gal in ANY quantity I want. From 1/gal to a drum (although it would probably be cheaper in that case) and can get it any time. Most importantly I know EXACTLY what I'm getting at all times w/o worries of detergents or other additives like windshield washer fluids.

Hey Jer, where ARE you buying methanol? Here in town? Not that I need to buy some now...for reasons you know. But just for my own childish curiousity.
 

Jer

Don't taze me bro!
Re: Where to buy methanol?

Yup, Bowers and PFI both have it. I suggest Bowers Racing.
 

blk00z28

Forced to by choice
Re: Where to buy methanol?

I can get a 55gal drum of pure meth for $138. Check your local truck gas stations, or smaller oil stations. Thats where I can get mine from for the price I said. ;)
 

Jer

Don't taze me bro!
Re: Where to buy methanol?

blk00z28 said:
I can get a 55gal drum of pure meth for $138. Check your local truck gas stations, or smaller oil stations. Thats where I can get mine from for the price I said. ;)


That's $2.51 per gallon and you have to buy a WHOLE drum. I'm buying it for $2.25/gal and can but one half gallon up to what ever amount I want. How is this a good find??
 

live1053rulz

Nor Cal SyTy
Re: Where to buy methanol?

I think I paid $2.2? or somewhere around there, I had to buy a min of 5 gal. Those still sound like good prices though.
 
Top