whats it worth?

ThaJokr

Super Member
Re: whats it worth?

Might go to 4 with the extra stuff, still doesn't fix the paint though, unless you just tell everyone to not get within 10 feet of the truck. Still have a gamble on the motor too. I'm sure he isn't happy with the offer, doesn't change what it's worth though.
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: whats it worth?

You have to consider a LOT of variables.

Is the title clean?
How many previous owners?
Where has the truck spent its life (southern and western trucks are desirable)
Any current mods to the drivetrain?
Upgraded brakes / propshafts / ECU?
Any rust?
Current mileage?

This particular truck looks well cared for. A built short block is @ $2000-2500 so you must add that to the sales price. Don't forget labor (calls for 23.4 hours to R/R and swap everything over to the short block). At $75/hr, that is another $1600.

Personally, I think $4000 is a generous offer going into this blind.

Absolute worst case, you can pull that (+ a lil) in parts, so you wouldn't be getting burnt either way. Might be the lighting (doubtful) or my eyes (possible) but the PS rear corner appears cracked. That piece alone is $350-400 in good shape used. All this must be considered in the final offer. All the best in your decision either way.
 

BoostedSUV

Active member
Re: whats it worth?

I like the wheels :tup:

Truck looks pretty good but I'm going to have to agree with everyone that 4k is a reasonable offer for a truck in its current state. You're taking a chance on the engine. It could need a complete rebuild or may need just a head pulled. You never know with taking it apart.

I paid 3k for a rust free roller (no engine/trans) with ZR1 wheels, c5 disc brakes, hydroboost, and ABS delete. Interier was a 7 out of 10, paint was an 8 out of 10. I already had everything I needed to complete the truck so that cost wasn't factored in. In your case you need to come up with everything to get the truck running properly. I'd say $4500 at most. If you want stock wheels you could probably get $800 or so for those rims if they have good tires.
 
Top