What is it

MAITAI1993

DON'T MAKE ME SLAP YOU.
what is the grey plug 2 pin looks like a small o2 senser on upper plenum on driver side in front of brake booster hose.
 

MAITAI1993

DON'T MAKE ME SLAP YOU.
Re: What is it

Mtn Z said:
It reads the intake air temperature. Pretty important.
so if I get a intake air meater can I tap into it?
also is there a place I can tap into to get water temp..
 

MAITAI1993

DON'T MAKE ME SLAP YOU.
Re: What is it

MAITAI1993 said:
so if I get a intake air meater can I tap into it?
also is there a place I can tap into to get water temp..
can anyone answer this :wave:
 

Flyin Ryan

hated cuz he drives fords
Re: What is it

MAITAI1993 said:
so if I get a intake air meater can I tap into it?
also is there a place I can tap into to get water temp..

No clue on tapping in for your air meter but I do know that there are two coolent temp sensors in our motors.. One on the driver's side head by the exhaust manifold that goes striaght to the gauge cluster and the other is on the lower intake by the thermostat housing. That ones goes to the ECU

componentlocationsbv0.gif
 
Last edited:

pinellas50

New Guy
Re: What is it

I don't understand what you mean by an intake air meter either. Are you talking about somehow changing the system to a mass air set up or hooking up a guage to see what the intake temps are?
 

UR50SLO

V6+2=LSXCamaro
Re: What is it

The sensor in the upper plenum is the IAT... (Intake air temp) go's directly to the ECM as a input.

You can read that sensor with a simple plug in scan tool.
If you wanted to read a gauge it'd have to be setup or calibrated to read that exact voltage.

You'd have to verify with a ohm meter if the single wire GM sensors are the same resistance scale as the aftermarket (Autometer) gauge sensor. If that's the case and they are setup to vary in resistance in the same way then you could use the stock GM sensor (coolant) to feed a aftermarket gauge. (drivers side head)
If they are not the same resistance you'll be putting in the aftermarket sensor also. :(
~Scott
 

MAITAI1993

DON'T MAKE ME SLAP YOU.
Re: What is it

I bought this and wanted to hook it up so I can see the AIT under boost and alky spray
http://www.siliconeintakes.com/prod...d=800&osCsid=b52045071775504824ca6d14efc75e3a
just did not know if I need to use the sender they sent or if I could just tap into whats there


and when I took out the the air to water I now have an unused automeater water temp gauge so basicaly the same as other one can I just tap in or where do I put the sending unit thanks for all info
 

MAITAI1993

DON'T MAKE ME SLAP YOU.
Re: What is it

UR50SLO said:
The sensor in the upper plenum is the IAT... (Intake air temp) go's directly to the ECM as a input.

You can read that sensor with a simple plug in scan tool.
If you wanted to read a gauge it'd have to be setup or calibrated to read that exact voltage.

You'd have to verify with a ohm meter if the single wire GM sensors are the same resistance scale as the aftermarket (Autometer) gauge sensor. If that's the case and they are setup to vary in resistance in the same way then you could use the stock GM sensor (coolant) to feed a aftermarket gauge. (drivers side head)
If they are not the same resistance you'll be putting in the aftermarket sensor also. :(
~Scott
perfect thats what I needed anyone have a water temp and where did they put sender I just bought a new AIT sensor for the intake plenum when I was doing a bunch of work on the truck just think it would be cool to have A gauge that told me my IAT in real time...
 
Top