Welder for vortec mod

RwD*eaT3r

New member
I'm just curious I bought a lincoln eletric 3200hd Mig welder, would it be able to do the job of adding the material on the intake manifold for the vortec swap, or no it not strong enought for the job.
 

ghettosled

SYTY SUPERSTORE
Re: Welder for vortec mod

have it tigged before you ruin a completely good manifold.. Also you need to add 1/4" of material, so you'd have some grinding/machining to do if all you did is weld it.
 

RwD*eaT3r

New member
Re: Welder for vortec mod

Yeah I have the Aluminum feeding kit with the spool liner and drive roll to feed the aluminum. Yeah I would be kickin myself in the the a$$ if I messed up the manifold even though it's my spare. Is a 1/4 of an inch the minimun you must add to make this work , or that the amount needed to port match the heads and intake
 
Top