Weight Question

I am shipping a 93 Ty motor minus, turbo, ecu and wire harness on a palet. Does anyone know what this should weigh and possibly the best carrier to ship out of state. Shipping from California to Detroit.

Thanks,

Tom
V8EATER
 

Loeryder

New member
I've used RoadWay for palletized items.
Sent a set of 4 wheels to alaska just fine.

One of my trannys was sent RoadWay too, both arrived perfect with no delays or hiccups.
RoadWay will let you pickup and drop off a their transfer stations too if you dont have a dock.

Not sure on the weight.
 

Jersey 91/93

NASTE Member
Damn, I misread that earlier... I thought you wrote "a 93 Ty minus motor..." I couldn't figure out how you were planning on fitting a rolling chassis and entire body onto a pallet for the life of me. I'm sorry I can't help on weight, but I can recommend Yellow. I believe they are national, and we've been using them at my company more and more, since they have been reasonably priced and very reliable. On the flip side to that, I can say we have not had good experiences with R&L trucking at all, but that might just have been our local driver.
 

SCWolverine

New member
We ship about 90% of our freight (tools/shop equipment) by the above listed (Yellow & Roadway), and seldom have any issues (30-45 pal/day average). Be sure to tie it down securely, and a few "do not stack" stickers couldn't hurt. Weight shouldn't matter much with a commercial carrier, at least not like UPS (I believe we pay a $55/pal minimum for everything under 5-600#). If there is a warehouse/dc near you, you may want to try to make a connection (our latest contract gives about a 55% discount from a private online quote). Most national outfits have trucks with liftgates available too. HTHs

Jersey, I did the same exact thing! I was like :eek: .
 
Top