Valve Covers

svoguy2000

That Just Happened
Hey guys. I have done a search but cant seem to find the answer Im looking for. I have vortec heads on my Ty with Comp Cams 1.6 Roller Rockers. What do I need to do for valve covers without useing a spacer? All I seem to find are V8 covers.
 

Injected1

Member
Re: Valve Covers

Hey guys. I have done a search but cant seem to find the answer Im looking for. I have vortec heads on my Ty with Comp Cams 1.6 Roller Rockers. What do I need to do for valve covers without useing a spacer? All I seem to find are V8 covers.

You can run stock ones, Vortec ones, or these http://www.sytyperformance.com/inde...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

Ps if you run 1.6 rockers on vortecs with 7.200 pushrods they will rub the heads unless you open the holes up a bit. Or run 1.5's
 

svoguy2000

That Just Happened
Re: Valve Covers

I have a set of stock covers but the lock nuts hit. They need to be about a half inch taller.
 

BoostedSUV

Active member
Re: Valve Covers

I'm running comp 1.6's as well and they don't touch my valve covers either. No problems with clearance...
 
Top