Transless weekend in St L

Loeryder

New member
Well I am takin' the plunge.

With winter looming and the Ty in storage it is time to swap out the trans and 9.11.
Got it out with the help of my wife, Heather. If you guys don't have a "Heather Tool" you are seriously missing out!
She was great at catching flying bolts and tools and properly organizing and labelling them for later install. It didn't stop there...
Came time to drop the X-case and all the jacks were used up, what's she do?
Climbs under there and takes one side, wedding ring and all. :eek:
And she was still under there when the trans was finally seperated.
I think she was laughing at me behind my back when I was bitchin up a storm about the bell housing bolts...

And No One F'n warned me about the upper bell housing bolts.
WTF!?!?
My worst war wound of the weekend was when the drv side bell housing bolt broke loose with 28" of wobble extensions behind it. I think it was the side of the trans pan that took all the skin of the back of my hand and then packed it with grease. So it didn't bleed too bad.

All in all it wasn't too bad. Being my first 4wd/Awd trans drop.

I do need to get some braided lines after taking out some frustration on one of the trans cooler lines that was seized on.

Glad I got one of the chix that digs fast trux!
 

bdubb

I am teh kingpin!
ha. last time waller was over, i seen him take out a driveshaft, xfercase, propshaft, inspection cover, and tranny, ect,ect,ect.... in 41 mins.....



also, heather rules.
 

Syclone#892

Member
I said the same thing about the bellhousing bolts, I can't believe there is no room, I have taken out a bunch of trannies and nothing like this. My plan of attack when reinstalling is motor and trans together. I kind of like the sound of a "heather tool" :p Good luck on the reinstall.
 

JSM

Active member
Autozone rents/loans tools out.

I wonder if they will rent/loan me a "Heather Tool". Maybe Adam can get that put in the computer system.

hmmm...
 

SYO237

SyTy Registry
i myself use the "roxanne tool"... seems to works well, but costs me a fortune... well worth it though...


heather OK with being rented out?
 

subiegrl

Bitch Extraordinaire
Eesh, not so sure how I feel 'bout bein rented out.

But as you pointed out, Adam, their are other model's of the "Heather Tool" available all over. However, be aware some are more useful than others, and unfortunately, not necessarily rent-able at your local Autozone. On the other hand you may "find" one there, you never know.

I can say that there is nothing quite as awesome as getting my well manicured hands dirty as hell helping Jas' out under there. What better way to learn than hands on??!!

I hear that I may be temporally replaced with a stronger male friend for the reinstall of the tranny but I will still be there handin' out tools and I look forward to the next step I will get to get my hands into....the turbo!!!

My next goal is to keep goin to the gym so I can get strong enough to NOT be replaced like that (plus then I wont have to have Jas' loosen the drain plug and filter on my car for me when I change the oil in my car!!!)

And e, $20????? wouldn't even put a dent into my fees!!!!!

Later,
Heather
 

E-Rue

New member
subiegrl said:
And e, $20????? wouldn't even put a dent into my fees!!!!!

Later,
Heather

hahahaha looks like the new and improved model comes with more attitude! ahhhhhh yeah!

e
 

UNIsackV6

Member
I had the pleasure of having Jas and Heather over to my place at the Nats this year and all I have to say is WOW, she's under there wrenching like that!!!! BG can't even get some local peeps to do that much and they are doods!!! Jas and Heather are welcome to my place anytime!!! That is so cool, could you imagine getting all greasy with your woman under your truck, I'd definately be a happy camper. Heather keep being the kewl chick you are and you and Jas will happy for a very long time. Keep up the good work...very impressed....rock on :drinking:
 

Maxtor

New member
My "Vanessa Tool" is great - she was my extra set of hands when I put in the 9/11. It really pissed her off, though, when she found out how hard it was to wash transmission fluid out of about a foot and a half of hair..... I tried to tell her "Comet" would take it right out :D
I might have a hard sell to get her to work on the tranny again.

Then there was that time the 2 foot pry-bar slipped and hit her up-side the head :eek:
 
Top