Suicide Hood Idea

SycloneDesired

New member
Has anybody been informed of doing a suicide hood? It flips towards the front of the syty instead of raising upwards towards the back? Basically like most buick le sabre's during the mid 80's-90's ?
 

myclone

Donating Member
Re: Suicide Hood Idea

Considering you would have to work around the hood to do maint Id say its not the best idea on a syty. Something a little more low maint maybe but itd be reason number ten kabillion why ppl love/hate these trucks.
 

Timbo

SyTy Stalker
Re: Suicide Hood Idea

There is a tilt-front end available for S-trucks. Instead of just the hood opening forward, the hood/fenders/grille/bumper all open forward as one piece. There is a Ty that had one custom made out of the factory sheetmetal.
 

Robert Lone

MUTANT
Re: Suicide Hood Idea

Timbo said:
There is a tilt-front end available for S-trucks. Instead of just the hood opening forward, the hood/fenders/grille/bumper all open forward as one piece. There is a Ty that had one custom made out of the factory sheetmetal.
This ain't it, but same concept. I'm seriously thinking of doing the front-end of my Sy just like this...
7c_12.jpg
 

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box
Re: Suicide Hood Idea

Suicide hood is a bad idea. These trucks are impossible to work on as it is.

Suicide front end though...
 

Robert Lone

MUTANT
Re: Suicide Hood Idea

16Sy16 said:
Suicide hood is a bad idea. These trucks are impossible to work on as it is.

Suicide front end though...
I figure w/ takedown pins in the hinges and a quick-connector on the lights you could remove the entire front clip in under 1 minute. That by itself is worth the price of admission to me. :2cents:
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: Suicide Hood Idea

Not gonna happen with me 'cuz of the $$ involved but I've seen these at shows (but not on a SyTy) and it's one heck of a sweet mod. Way better then flip up door, or whatever you call 'em. Like T-56 said, making it removable would the icing on the cake.
 

Jersey 91/93

NASTE Member
Re: Suicide Hood Idea

SycloneDesired said:
Has anybody been informed of doing a suicide hood? It flips towards the front of the syty instead of raising upwards towards the back? Basically like most buick le sabre's during the mid 80's-90's ?
Its been done a thousand times on S10's, but it seems that no one has any desire to do it to a SyTy. I know I've never wanted to try with my Ty, but I did consider it when I still had the '91 S10.
 

Robert Lone

MUTANT
Re: Suicide Hood Idea

Jersey 91/93 said:
Its been done a thousand times on S10's, but it seems that no one has any desire to do it to a SyTy. I know I've never wanted to try with my Ty, but I did consider it when I still had the '91 S10.
Back on the cowl hood thread I mentioned that my Sy is rough enough that I wouldn't feel bad about doing it. Besides, it's been totaled enough times that the front clip is all Chevrolet anyways! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
 

TwistedTy

More boost! N.A.S.T.E
Re: Suicide Hood Idea

A buddy of mine had that on a blazer a while ago, hears a pic of it not fully tilted next to my truck
menjames.jpg
 

SycloneDesired

New member
Re: Suicide Hood Idea

Ok I was jus curious because the sytys are pretty much from what i've learned on here 4.3 turbo powered s10s with minor changes/add ons :2cents: . I have a buddy who told me the remove-able front clip is very possible, he's even going to help me do my hybrid monster w/ a remove-able front clip & bed :D . Once I get time to progress on it I'll show pics if desired .... even though it's no syty???
 

Jer

Don't taze me bro!
Re: Suicide Hood Idea

T-56 said:
This ain't it, but same concept. I'm seriously thinking of doing the front-end of my Sy just like this...
7c_12.jpg

That would make a LOT of things easier to do.
 

2kwik4u

Resident slow guy
Re: Suicide Hood Idea

Heres a pic of one of the local S-Series guys that put a set of reverse hinges on his hood. Looks pretty decent for a show, but like stated earlier I think it would make maintenance a helluva lot harder.

DSCF2996.jpg
 

2kwik4u

Resident slow guy
Re: Suicide Hood Idea

T-56 said:
Is that the hoodliner hanging out like a tounge?^^^^^^

Yea, I think he was test fitting it in that picture, and that was handy to protect the paint. He has since replaced the liner with a new one.
 

TheNeek

this is my serious face
Re: Suicide Hood Idea

The biggest concern I would have with the full front clip tilting, is the cladding. I don't know if I could bring myself to cut through the cladding.
 
Top