Stock times

chad114

New member
What times has everyone pulled in their stock Sy? How about with a few mods like K&N, and a performance exhaust?
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: Stock times

I ran a slew of times in the low 14’s, one in the upper 13’s. Had trouble getting below 14.2 with consistency. Currently it’s now fairly easy to do low to mid 13’s with the only additional mod an Ultimate and an AFPR. Still taking it fairly easy on the launches because of stock front driveshaft. Once that gets changed I'm hoping for 12’s. My impression is my truck is not the quickest in this tune by any means.
icon_rolleyes.gif
 

chad114

New member
Re: Stock times

Don W you mentioned stock front driveshaft, but what brand does everyone change it to and how much does this mod cost?
 

Zewerr

ToeJam is a Poindexter
Re: Stock times

With my only mod being a Flowmaster muffler, I was able to run a 13.69 with 80,000 miles on the thing. I'm trying to head out there again if I have the time to try to get a better launch. My fastest run out of the 3 I've done in my truck was my very first one.
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: Stock times

Zewerr said:
With my only mod being a Flowmaster muffler, I was able to run a 13.69 with 80,000 miles on the thing. I'm trying to head out there again if I have the time to try to get a better launch. My fastest run out of the 3 I've done in my truck was my very first one.

Couple quick q's without stealing the thread...

Howd you like the Flowmaster sound? Haven't heard much of anything good with the FLowmaster sound on the SyTY. Just wonderin' cuz they're made here in Santa Rosa.

What was yur 60' time on that run?

Thanks
 

Zewerr

ToeJam is a Poindexter
Re: Stock times

My fastest 60' is 1.955

And it sounds good at an idle, but when you get on it, it sounds too much like a V-6. I think it could be alot better, but it still sounds good.
 
Top