Spark Plugs for Stock Syclone

#2875

built, not bought
Re: Spark Plugs for Stock Syclone

not to be rude but have you guys ever heard of napa, carquest, autozone, etc? most of them stock ur5s. i ordered the tr6ix and tr7ix from napa before and they come in next day.
 

SY2455

70's Veteran
Re: Spark Plugs for Stock Syclone

ranger said:
Nope,

Sparkplugs.com only carries the hotter UR5-1x NGK irridiums, not the UR6-1x, apparently.

Why is this such a rare, un-heard-of plug?

Craig Stangohr
Aiken, SC

I get them locally at Star Auto Parts. But I been told that you can special order from Auto Zone, but I haven't tried yet. Tell them you need to order

NGK Iridium UR6IX Part # 7348

You can also try Kragen Auto Parts. If they can get them, you tell them you need 6 and most of the time they will give you 8 because they don't open the box toremove the extras.
 

ShuggsRR

Donating Member
Re: Spark Plugs for Stock Syclone

Just installed the NGK UR5s last night. Not a fun install but I guess it could have been worse. My hands have since stopped bleeding.
 

gjp

another post whore
Re: Spark Plugs for Stock Syclone

I am a pro at installing plugs. I think I hold the reccord.(long story)LOL
Stock I had good luck with NGK ur5's or 6's. Gapped to .032. With alky I drooped to .025.
6's had less knock but would foul faster.
 

ShuggsRR

Donating Member
Re: Spark Plugs for Stock Syclone

gjp said:
I am a pro at installing plugs. I think I hold the reccord.(long story)LOL
Stock I had good luck with NGK ur5's or 6's. Gapped to .032. With alky I drooped to .025.
6's had less knock but would foul faster.

Hmmm I went stock at .035 .... Why did you do .032? is the much difference?
 

gjp

another post whore
Re: Spark Plugs for Stock Syclone

For some reason it idled better at .032. I only had them in there for a while then I pulled them out and did a 3 bar and chip. my truck had missfire problems so I was changing out plugs and trying different gaps for a while. I changed my plugs 7 times in one month and about 15 times in a year. All on 2000 miles.


I would try the 5's first. The 6's are a colder plug and you could use them to help with knock. My truck ran better with the 5's but knocked a little less with the 6's :2cents:
 
Top