Running Way too Rich AFR Help! Please

BlackTyphoon213

New member
The mods I've done is a Wideband 02, 60# injectors, Vortec Heads, Comp Cams 212, AFPR. The turbo and bottom end are stock but have 5k on a fresh rebuild.

The problem I'm having is even if I cut injector pulse to the point where it kills the vehicle it's still running 11.2 AFR. I've tried three different bins and chip from Turbo Tweak all same results.

I've replaced the MAP sensor, coolant temp sensor, checked for vacuum leaks (should actually lean it out, and does when I pull one off the intake), injectors are new and flow matched. I've been having this issue for a long time gave up on it, and would like to try and get it resolved. I don't think it's the Tune because these bins and chips have worked for others. For some reason it's running extremely rich regardless of what I change in the Tune, or replace. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew
 

Eric Sy GN

Donating Member
Re: Running Way too Rich AFR Help! Please

If you leaned it out until it died, then can we assume the wideband is wrong?

What kind of wideband? Do you have a gauge for it, or just through the ECM?

Are the injectors actual Siemens 60's or replica's?
 

BlackTyphoon213

New member
Re: Running Way too Rich AFR Help! Please

They're actual Siemens and it's a PLX wideband. I'm reading the through TunerPro I don't have the gauge for it. Even when I reduce injector pulse to get it to around 11.2 you can smell it's running pig rich. If it's running for 30 seconds it will make your eyes burn with the doors open. my AFPR is set to 55 psi with the line off and 45 psi on if I remember correctly. It's been a long time since I've had this one the road as it's fought me the whole way.

What's strange is no matter how I try to cut fuel in the tune it doesn't seem to make any difference, and that's where I'm stumped.
 

syclone3

Member
Re: Running Way too Rich AFR Help! Please

Do you have another map sensor to try. And if you have tunerpro up and logging what kpa does it show at idle.
 

BlackTyphoon213

New member
Re: Running Way too Rich AFR Help! Please

I've tried two different 3 bar maps sensors and even the 2 bar none of that makes any difference. I'd have to check Tunerpro when I get home from work to answer that question.
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Running Way too Rich AFR Help! Please

They're actual Siemens and it's a PLX wideband. I'm reading the through TunerPro I don't have the gauge for it. Even when I reduce injector pulse to get it to around 11.2 you can smell it's running pig rich. If it's running for 30 seconds it will make your eyes burn with the doors open. my AFPR is set to 55 psi with the line off and 45 psi on if I remember correctly. It's been a long time since I've had this one the road as it's fought me the whole way.

What's strange is no matter how I try to cut fuel in the tune it doesn't seem to make any difference, and that's where I'm stumped.

A base pressure of 55psi is ton of fuel pressure. Dropping it to 45 will make a huge difference on how rich its running.
 

BlackTyphoon213

New member
Re: Running Way too Rich AFR Help! Please

I'll have to throw the Fuel Pressure gauge back on it and see if it's actually at 55psi. It's been a while since I set it. I know when cranking it I have 40 psi, but will have to check it running.
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: Running Way too Rich AFR Help! Please

I'll have to throw the Fuel Pressure gauge back on it and see if it's actually at 55psi. It's been a while since I set it. I know when cranking it I have 40 psi, but will have to check it running.

Don't forget to do it with the vac line disconnected.
 
Top