Question about the rear end

2_60b4u

Looking for 12's
I've read that 4x4 s-10's, jimmys, and blazers all came with 3:73 gears but the bravada has 3:42 gears? Anyone care to enlighten me?

How about rear axles? I bent my RH axle and keep getting different responses from people saying they are syty specific? Is this true?
My local scrap yard says a rear axle out of a '92 4wd Blazer will interchange, but the guys at Randys Ring and Pinion say that the axle shaft diameter of Syclones are larger than s-10, s-15, and blazers.
 
Last edited:

2_60b4u

Looking for 12's
Re: Question about the rear end

How about rear axles? I bent my RH axle and keep getting different responses from people saying they are syty specific? Is this true?
 

fivetodrive

CRISPY
Re: Question about the rear end

No lots are 3.42 including the 8.5 59" rear I just picked up!!! - but most ZR2's are 3.73's
 

ItsMyTy

Life is beter at 25 PSI
Re: Question about the rear end

The reason you're seeing axle are specific to syclone is probably due to the ABS reluctor wheel on the axle.
 

2_60b4u

Looking for 12's
Re: Question about the rear end

Thanks for the help guys! I was able to score an axle out of a '92 Blazer 4x4 W/ ABS
 

TY162

New member
Re: Question about the rear end

Every Bravada I've ever looked at has had 3.73's (GT4). Not saying they ALL do but...
 

TY0618

Member
Re: Question about the rear end

not ALL S10's and Blazers had 3:73. My '91 Jimmy has GU4, 3:08 ratio.
 
Top