propane injection

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
So how does one ask “Greenie” or anyone else for that matter?? I’d be real curious because I have a lot of experience with propane but not in an application like the SY.

Don
 

Syclone#1992

SyTy.net Moderator
I was kinda curious about this myself. Everyone was all hyped about it for a while and then nothing really became of it. I would like some more info on it too please.
 

smeagol

Active member
I ran the OGS ( www.onlygoodstuff.com ) Propain kit on my Syclone with some promising results last fall. I ran into false knock issues, and put it away for winter/parts install.

Took it off so i could use it on another vehicle, so no more data.

I think the propane is easier to tune than alky, but is a bit harder to keep an eye on as far as levels go, and can vary with tank pressure and so forth.

I also believe it offers a longer period between refills. It is cheap also. Atomization isn't as much an issue.

I think the alky setups can be done easily and cheaply, and with good safety margins nowadays as well. Mark Larson on here is running a pretty good DIY methanol injection with good results.

Alky-methanol injection crowd is huge with many other cars...the propane users - not that many of them. Not sure if it is due to problems or bad results, but it's worth keeping this in mind if you are afraid of experimenting and breaking parts, and would like a large support audience.

done with my rambling
 

Silly

Banned
For those who have tried it how did your EGT's look? I wqould expect it to rise steadily
 

green95sho

New member
Theris a guy in IL running propane. He likes it he says. Biggiest advantage he says is that you can run lower octane and still be fine with no nock. And the tank lasts all season. His forum name is midospike. You might want to ask him about this.
 

NateP

Money Pit Member
I was doing some investigation on propane right before my truck ate its motor. I believe there was somone who bought a kit for their Ty awhile back, wondering if it ever got bolted on?
 
Top