Old SyTy Fanatic Returns...

ShuggsRR

Donating Member
I havent been into the SyTys in a few years. I used to go by GregW on the mailing list as well as run the SyTy classifieds site.

Anyway, just dropping in to say hello. Im picking up a LT1 AWD Jimmy this weekend. So I can come back and bs with you guys now. lol
 

GM TURBO

Sell Out
Re: Old SyTy Fanatic Returns...

Sup Greg - long time no see/chat.

Greg introduced me to my first GLG back when it was held at a track before being moved to Marty's place. The first SyTy'rs I meet are Greg and Merk. Interesting time.
 

ShuggsRR

Donating Member
Re: Old SyTy Fanatic Returns...

GM TURBO said:
Sup Greg - long time no see/chat.

Greg introduced me to my first GLG back when it was held at a track before being moved to Marty's place. The first SyTy'rs I meet are Greg and Merk. Interesting time.

Heh heh that was a while back. You mean this event?
http://www.stunttrader.com/igallery/viewer.php?albid=10&stage=1&imgid=801

The 1st GLG was at my house with about 10 trucks. Then we had it at Byron Dragstrip, then Jason Leach's house, then Marty warehouse, and it has been there ever since. Good times!
 

Ty0279

Historically Significant
Re: Old SyTy Fanatic Returns...

Welcome back. :cool:

Not much has changed...still a great, tight-knit group of owners/enthusiasts that are willing to help one another when needed.
 

Black Knight

I Glow Therefore I am
Re: Old SyTy Fanatic Returns...

Welcome back, there's alot of us newbe's here doing our best to keep these beasts alive and kicken A$$!!!
 

gkrcr882

SyTyless......for now!
Re: Old SyTy Fanatic Returns...

:stupid: :welcome: Good to see some of the "originals" coming back.
 

jbone

Member
Re: Old SyTy Fanatic Returns...

its weird... recently ive noticed that a lot of new guys are buying sy/ty's, the old guys are coming back, and a handful of Sy's are reaching for 8's. its like everyone is doing things in groups and its all happening around the same time, at least its all good news and not bad. welcome back
 

Merk

Donating Member
Re: Old SyTy Fanatic Returns...

Good times, good times,

91_2268_70.jpg
 

VermontTy

Support Our Troops
Re: Old SyTy Fanatic Returns...

Are we talking the same Shuggs as from stuntlife, etc? Small world.
 

ShuggsRR

Donating Member
Re: Old SyTy Fanatic Returns...

Merk said:
Good times, good times,

91_2268_70.jpg

ppg-11.jpg

Whose hand is that there? hehe

proto_07.sized.jpg

Man that proto looks familiar... hmmm....


Man whats that guy so happy about?
WW97_00.jpg

Good Times!


VermontTy said:
Are we talking the same Shuggs as from stuntlife, etc? Small world.

Dang how did you know that?! lol
 

VermontTy

Support Our Troops
Re: Old SyTy Fanatic Returns...

ShuggsRR said:
Dang how did you know that?! lol
Remembered for some reason from back like 2002-ish....I rode with Green Mountain Outlaws up here for a couple years til I sold the gixxer and moved on. I believe stuntlife was in the infant stages when I ditched....glad to hear you're doing well.
 

ShuggsRR

Donating Member
Re: Old SyTy Fanatic Returns...

VermontTy said:
Remembered for some reason from back like 2002-ish....I rode with Green Mountain Outlaws up here for a couple years til I sold the gixxer and moved on. I believe stuntlife was in the infant stages when I ditched....glad to hear you're doing well.

Small world indeed. Yeah it was a good time hanging out with Dagan, Coffee (sp?), Levi, etc back then. They too fell off the face of the Earth! lol
 

VermontTy

Support Our Troops
Re: Old SyTy Fanatic Returns...

ShuggsRR said:
Small world indeed. Yeah it was a good time hanging out with Dagan, Coffee (sp?), Levi, etc back then. They too fell off the face of the Earth! lol
Yeah, Dagan moved out of town, sold the bike and settled down, Coffey and Kylee built a house down near her folks, and Coffey is doing a pile of maration / triathalon / healthy living stuff, Levi I haven't seen in a year, but unfortunately, Shortsleeve had a stoppie come up over the top and he caught the scrape bar in the bottom of his back; powderized a couple vertebrae. He can move one leg pretty well, but the other is virtually limp and he's in a wheelchair....really sad to see it happen to such a nice guy. :roll:
 

ShuggsRR

Donating Member
Re: Old SyTy Fanatic Returns...

jbonehead85 said:
its weird... recently ive noticed that a lot of new guys are buying sy/ty's, the old guys are coming back, and a handful of Sy's are reaching for 8's. its like everyone is doing things in groups and its all happening around the same time, at least its all good news and not bad. welcome back

Well all us guys that were early 20s back a decade ago are now in our 30s and have some spare money to have a truck sit in the garage and work on. back in the 20s it was just daily drivers and they are too unreliable. Now we can afford unreliable projects in the garage.
 
Top