Ok....Extended Cab Syclone?

Grizzle

New member
Ok, Today...I've heard it all. (HELP ME)

Here comes a little novella.

Ok so just recently I just got two puppies, and it's a BIT*H to haul them around town in the Blazer. Because of the lack of space and the stench of wet dogs in the back seat of the blazer, Ive been searching for a cheap little S-10 Pickup. The other day I was driving down Meridian St. and I spotted a nice 1993 S10 pickup truck, for $3,600. It has a 4.3 in it 2wd auto. So I arrange to meet the owner and shoot the shit about the truck... Here's how the conversation goes after that.

Josh - "So why are you getting rid of this truck?"

Mike - "I am getting rid of this truck because I have too many S-10 Trucks. I have three more of these, and a very rare truck"

Josh - "Wait, you have a Syclone?"

Mike - "Yes I do, It's VERY RARE"

Josh - "Yea I know they only made like close to 3,000 of them or something"

Mike - "Yea thats true, but not like this one. Mine is EXTENDED CAB."

Josh - "...."

Why would someone want to make it extended cab? Wouldn't that be hard to put the cladding back on, or extend the cladding? I'm so confused right now. HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF SOMETHING LIKE THIS BEFORE?!?! I'll get some pics of this guys truck if I can when it's complete. Untill then, you guys keep guessing.
 

JimmyM

Banned
FYI the LSR is an extended cab.
lsr.jpg
 

Merk

Donating Member
the LSR is an extended cab with Cameo cladding

Never figured out why they name it the "syclone lsr" as there is really nothing syclone specific.

oh well....
________
VIDEO REVIEW
 
Last edited:

Tooky

Serious about performance
On 2002-02-21 00:41, Merk wrote:
Never figured out why they name it the "syclone lsr" as there is really nothing syclone specific.
What motor is in the LSR? I thought it was a 4.3 Turbo increased to a 5.0?
 

warmpancakes

New member
the lsr resides in novi mich at the motor sports hall of fame Ken

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: warmpancakes on 2002-02-21 07:08 ]</font>
 

xcaliber

New member
The LSR was Driven by a guy that lives down the road from me, Don Stringfellow, it had a 4.3 bored and stroked to a 5.0 and Normally asperated, he was given 2 Syclones by GM without Vin #s to test with, afterwords they were trucked back to GM and Probably crushed. anyway this guy still has a cool poster about 4' by 8' on his shop wall of the LSR, he own's Stringfellow Performance he and his son hold around 15 World records for Land Speed, and his shop sells "land Speed" stuff around the world.
just for the record

Jamie Sanders
Sy 0252
Heber Springs AR
 

Grizzle

New member
No it's a real SYCLONE. He said it's taken apart in his garage and stuff...It blew my mind. I'll get some pics for sure when it's done?
 

new-sy-guy

New member
You have been given a mission from God.You need to find out the real deal with this truck. Did you see it yourself? Is it a conversion of sorts that this guy did? Why is it apart? Do you have any pictures now?

If you choose to accept your mission and share your findings here, you will be divinly rewarded.
 

Grizzle

New member
.....

Mission from god? :smile:

This guy was a super nice guy and knew a lot about automobiles. He told me that the syclone was apart in his garage, and he was working on it. It's probably apart because he's doing the conversion? :razz: But like I said, if I ever see him again, or see it around town, I will stop him and take some pics of it, then post. I belive him that he is making the conversion because he owns a body shop or something.
 
Top