glocklimited9
New member
Hey guys, My name is Tom, I bought my 92' Typhoon 1605 from my good friend Dan about two years ago, and have been slowly making progress on it, The truck needs a full restoration, Engine rebuild, suspension, brakes, pretty much the whole 9, Before i bought the truck it was almost stolen and the low life scum bashed up a few pieces inside the truck :tdown: I do custom paint and body work, and my father has been building custom cars for over 40 years and specializes in all Mechanical, and wiring
Here are a few pictures of the truck and a few progress pictures, I have done alot of detail work to the 4.3 But there is a good possibility i will be swapping to a single turbo LSx/ 4L80
Quick ratio Steering box, and 13" Front brake setup i sprayed in PPG envirobase/ clear ( i will most likely put my old CTS-v brembo setup on the truck)
Center console had holes in it from a previous stereo setup, i filled these in, shot it with PPG paint, and added some carbon
I removed a little red light from the dash trim, and shot all dash pieces in the correct trim color using PPG envirobase with Satin clear
Some more carbon accents
Front diff was cooked, as well as the whole suspension, I will be switching to Tubular control arms and coil overs
Had a machinest friend of mine make a custom Solid pinon spacer, eliminating the crush sleeve, and had him make me some drivers specific to the ty front diff
Got a rear sway bar, and pulled some Ls1 rear discs off a rearend i had from another project, Blasted all that and shot it all in PPG
Few more bits
I have a bunch more pictures and info, but right now im too busy with other projects, Moving into a new house, and building a new garage to give it some attention. Hopefully ill get this all done in the next 6 months and i can get back on track, and rip the frame off for some seam welding, sand blasting, and a fresh shot of some PPG paint. Stay tuned
Here are a few pictures of the truck and a few progress pictures, I have done alot of detail work to the 4.3 But there is a good possibility i will be swapping to a single turbo LSx/ 4L80
Quick ratio Steering box, and 13" Front brake setup i sprayed in PPG envirobase/ clear ( i will most likely put my old CTS-v brembo setup on the truck)
Center console had holes in it from a previous stereo setup, i filled these in, shot it with PPG paint, and added some carbon
I removed a little red light from the dash trim, and shot all dash pieces in the correct trim color using PPG envirobase with Satin clear
Some more carbon accents
Front diff was cooked, as well as the whole suspension, I will be switching to Tubular control arms and coil overs
Had a machinest friend of mine make a custom Solid pinon spacer, eliminating the crush sleeve, and had him make me some drivers specific to the ty front diff
Got a rear sway bar, and pulled some Ls1 rear discs off a rearend i had from another project, Blasted all that and shot it all in PPG
Few more bits
I have a bunch more pictures and info, but right now im too busy with other projects, Moving into a new house, and building a new garage to give it some attention. Hopefully ill get this all done in the next 6 months and i can get back on track, and rip the frame off for some seam welding, sand blasting, and a fresh shot of some PPG paint. Stay tuned
Last edited: