new connecting rods and pistons?

flintdawg

New member
i am in the middle of doing the syclone buildup and was wondering which pistons and rods to use....i think that the pistons will have to be either 40 or 60 over....what is the best brand to use...it had rebuilt rods and trw forged pistons....what does everyone think....also if any part #'s avail...that would also be appreciated
 

Tydriver

TurboLS6 Powa'
Uh Oh.. Did it die on ya ???

Just wondering, I havent heard from you in a while wondering how its running now.. From the looks of it, not good.

FWIW, alot of peeps suggest EAGLE RODS
But I imagine any FORGED ROD should work nicely, forget who else makes them.. Perhaps it was CARILLO ?

And forged pistons, JE, TRW, and a few others come to mind...
 

flintdawg

New member
well....it seems as if my syty saga goes on....started in on the syclone....lets just say....no oil press is not a good thing....removed oil pan and the pickup was almost completely blocked....not only that....the pump was cashed....but things are going alright now...motor is out and at machine shop....expect to have it done by end of this month....its going well though
 

AlaskaTy

New member
I'm in the same boat as you and plan on going with TRW pistons and Eagle rods. I'm gonna go with pistons .030 over...does anyone have any ideas on how much it is to bore a block?

Jason
 

ParTyBoy

New member
AlaskaTy said:
I'm in the same boat as you and plan on going with TRW pistons and Eagle rods. I'm gonna go with pistons .030 over...does anyone have any ideas on how much it is to bore a block?

Jason

.030 over ... Price wise?
dunno.gif
Depends on the machine shop I guess.. Someone here can give you a rough estimate of what to expect.
 
Top