New carpet anyone??

Makaveli

New member
I'm thinking of tearing out the carpeting in the Ty for a few reasons.

1) Small leak on passenger side making carpet stink
2) It's filthy and matted
3) I can put in a slightly thicker sound deadening pad
4) Clean back carpeting will look goooooood.... :p

Anyone ever do this??
Are the seats hard to pull??


Thanks for any info... Got a settlement check today and it's time to buy Ty toys...
 

Thrillhouse

New member
If they're like stock Blazer seats its just 4 bolts and a wire or two, then out they come. Carpet is fairly easy to get out in my truck, probably about the same for you. I think the real limiting factor is just the cost of new carpet :D
 

Merk

Donating Member
Im thinking of doing this too:

GM# 15568283

I think you can get thicker non-OEM stuff through Rick Krupa @ rkkustom.com

Rick?
________
Upskirt Young
 
Last edited:

phoonTy

Truckless. For now.
just ask will about seat removal. :D he and miguel had his out and the monaco's in, in under 10 minutes. Don't know about the back seat, but I would think it's pretty easy removal. carpeting in a Ty, i'm sure it's a lot easier than redoing carpet in a Corvette. more room to move.
 

Makaveli

New member
I'll have to give RK a jingle.. I did the carpets in my S-10 and it was fairly simple, a little trimming and tucking, but it was worth it.

I'm sure GM would bend us over on the prices anyhow... 0X

Maybe if we get a few people in on this he'll hook us up... :p
 

warmpancakes

New member
the carpet for the sy is NLA ive ben looking for a year or so I have every other interior piece brand new in the boxes but I cant get GM carpet. :(
 

Makaveli

New member
warmpancakes said:
the carpet for the sy is NLA ive ben looking for a year or so I have every other interior piece brand new in the boxes but I cant get GM carpet. :(

NLA?? Why bother with GM? You can get it through JC Whitney cheap. The carpet I got for my S-10 was pretty decent for the price. I just checked RK's website and the full carpets are like $244!!! ouch
 

Ian Turgeon

Cascading Inspiration
I've installed one of rick's sy carpets in my dad's truck. fit, and looks good. A good replacement in my mind. I didnt look closely as to pile structure or thickness differences, but it definatly helped his truck out.

Seats are easy to remove, hell if you have to do any under dash work, take that bitch out, its too easy to spend hours uncomfortable.

We had to remove the center console and some of the trim panels. It was pretty easy, and we were both happy with the results.
 

Captain Morgan

Moderated User
well just like my transmission, ive had the entire interior out of my truck 5 times also.

Front seats are 4 15mm bolts, under the little plastic covers, there is one connector on the pass side seat, and 2 on the drivers side. the rear seat is held down by 4 13mm bolts in the front, and 4 3/4" (i forget metric size) bolts on the side. the seatbelts attach to the seat via seatbelt latches hidden under plastic covers. You will need to unclip them to remove the seat. There are about 15 or so 7mm screws holding the folding filler panel down, u will need to remove them too. (hint, remove the 10mm center bolt first, that will release the tention on the hinge.)
the center console is basically cut and dry, there are about 4-6 phillips screws u have to remove, and the plastic cover comes off, then 4 10mm bolts, and shifter unbolts. Also, under the back seat in the driveshaft hump, u should find one 7mm screw, u will need to remove that too or the carpet will be difficult to remove.
the rest should be fairly simple, just a bunch of little screws and such.

its not that bad.
 

TurboManiacal

Donating Member
I'd be interested in sound level differences if you had "Rhino Lined" the interior before re-installing the interior. I know that AkTy(s) (Niki & Pete) were going to do that...but ditched the idea at the last minute for cost. That'd be a great sound deadener and probably a great rattle eliminator.
 

JSM

Active member
My truck happens to be Line-X'd underneath its skin.

Previous owner did it not me. Line-X is similar but a tad thinner.

IMO, it isn't worth it. I do suspect I won't have floors rusting out, nor roof, etc.. But for sound, my truck SUCKS. Some may be because of wreck, most probably because of operator.

I does look good under carpet, headliner, walls though. :D
 

ibanez691

New member
i have a stock carpet replacement i never used i will sell it for 100 bucks plus shipping its brand new mint condition
 
Top