Need dump plate 3"

Mario65

Hotrodicus Supersonicus
need to send in my mccord plate to fixed and need a cover plate until it gets back

ASAP
 

SY2932

Administrator
Re: Need dump plate 3"

Do you have a PTE downpipe? I have the plate laid out in CAD and could get you one laser cut...
 

SY2932

Administrator
Re: Need dump plate 3"

I'll get you quote first thing tomorrow, we don't laser cut in house where I work. You want this in stainless steel correct?
 

Mario65

Hotrodicus Supersonicus
Re: Need dump plate 3"

I'll get you quote first thing tomorrow, we don't laser cut in house where I work. You want this in stainless steel correct?

Honestly the cheaper the better. I probably wont use it for more than 2 weeks(I hope).

Its a temporary plug until I get the McCord back.

I have an older Mccord and the buttefly crews sheared off and the plate flew off and I couldnt find it on the road.

They said theyd fix it and put a newer type welded butterfly for 50.00.
 

SY2932

Administrator
Re: Need dump plate 3"

Ok, if it's gonna be a temporary deal, I can cut it out of 6061 aluminum for cheap.
 

nallj92

Active member
Re: Need dump plate 3"

i also have a mccord fyi, and its a pile, wouldnt fit my pte pipe had to machine out the sunk holes more, leaks really bad, freezes.
 

Mario65

Hotrodicus Supersonicus
Re: Need dump plate 3"

i also have a mccord fyi, and its a pile, wouldnt fit my pte pipe had to machine out the sunk holes more, leaks really bad, freezes.

Is yours a welded butterfly?
Mine leaked at the butterfly some but other than that it worked great until the crappy screws sheared.
 

nallj92

Active member
Re: Need dump plate 3"

yeah its welded. i had the motors connections fall apart, and it would freeze up sometimes.

i also might have a bare plate laying around ill check tomorrow
 

SY2932

Administrator
Re: Need dump plate 3"

Hmm, sounds like Mccord's offering isn't too much better than QTP's. I bought a QTP for my friend two years ago as a gift and I was COMPLETELY unimpressed:

IMG_1668.sized.jpg

IMG_1668.sized.jpg

It was so poorly made, I was embarrassed that I got it :tdown:.

I have a Race Ready Performance one on my truck and have NO complaints:

IMG_1943.sized.jpg
IMG_1943.sized.jpg


It is almost twice the exhaust cut out made by the other guys. It's a little more expensive but well worth it.
 
Last edited:

SY2932

Administrator
Re: Need dump plate 3"

Just got back in a little after midnight tonight. I was under the gun ALL day today so I didn't eat lunch at work so that I could get it cut:

IMG_2285.szied.jpg
IMG_2285.sized.jpg


I shipped it out *yesterday*, 5/21 after work. I wrote it on the bag but I will tell you in advance anyways, you will need 3/8 X 16 nuts and lock washers to install this piece. Thanks for the quick pay...
 
Last edited:

Mario65

Hotrodicus Supersonicus
Re: Need dump plate 3"

Just got back in a little after midnight tonight. I was under the gun ALL day today so I didn't eat lunch at work so that I could get it cut:



I shipped it out *yesterday*, 5/21 after work. I wrote it on the bag but I will tell you in advance anyways, you will need 3/8 X 16 nuts and lock washers to install this piece. Thanks for the quick pay...

Wow very nice thanks
 
Top