More Ty Questions

Boosted6

New member
I can't find the post I made last night so I will ask again...
Center Consoles where and how much?
Anyone have a real light squeak coming from the rear of the truck, thought it was tail gate but seems tight too me?
Where can I get new bolts to hold the center caps on?
And who makes a good replacement speaker that fits with out mods?
 

SYTECH

New member
Center Cap Bolts

Center Cap Bolts

Go to your local Hardware store with one of your center cap bolts

I had a center cap bolt head strip out on me last week at the dragstrip when I was removing the cap for tech inspection

I ended up drilling 2 holes into the top of the bolt head (at the track). installing 2 nails into the holes, and then used an adjustable wrench tightened down on the 2 nails to be able to break the damn bolt loose

After that fiasco I just replaced all 4 center cap bolts with allen head bolts instead

Same size, length, thread count = $.49 each

Yes, I know that I no longer have the high speed, low drag, special short assed, locking wrench POS that came on the trucks, but atleast I know that I can get them off without stripping them, and if i do loose the allen wrench, I can get another one for a buck or 2.

Later

Ray
 

Will

New member
Yes I've debt with the squeaky rear window too! Annoying Sh!t isn't it. Mine turned out an easy fix. I greased the locking assembly and striker plate(I think that what it's called) and that took care of it. Also check to see if you're hinges are loose. You may even need to replace the hinges if they are real worn. They were poorly designed, this is a common problem on the Ty, and my old S-15 Jimmy used to do this too. I'd try the grease first, that was what finally made mine go away.
Good Luck
Will
 

Boosted6

New member
I will try the greesing as soon as it warms up...
For the console he has it taped on.. :( but how much does a new one with hinges cost?
 

Will

New member
Derek,
Sorry for the confusion, when I said hinges, I meant the rear window hinges. Those tend to loosen up over time, and mine even got to the point that the threads for the bolt striped :x Replacing the hinges for your rear window may be a fix for your squeak. I would try greasing it either way though.
As far as the console goes, I don't know about those, I amagine you'll have to find a used one. I'd check out the classifieds maybe someone on here has one laying around. Good luck!
Will
 
Top