MAS vs Speed Density

HopnDude

I B Derpin.
Pretty much what the title says. I looked real quick, didn't see anything. If there are some post talking/explaining them, could someone link them! Plz!

What are the pro's & con's of each.

What are the major differences?

For boosted application, not sure if it makes a difference na or forced induction.
 

Syclone22

Member
Re: MAS vs Speed Density

Just a basic info for MAF or MAS uses airflow
entering the sensor to adjust fuel or timing maps to the ecu
and MAP or speed density uses vacuum and pressure
to adjust the fuel or timing maps to the ecu !!! :tup:
 

MIXEDBREED

New member
Re: MAS vs Speed Density

Ya keep in mind speed density tunes have to be adjusted when the weather changes alot like from summer to winter. Most reason for going speed density are for forced induction vehicles where they are maxing out the maff so it no longer functions they way it should and so you switch to speed density. Maxing out meaning you are flowing more air then the maf can read and correct for. At least thats how i have seen it done in most the ls turbo cars ect. Dont think you really need to go speed density on a n/a car but everyone is different.
 

HopnDude

I B Derpin.
Re: MAS vs Speed Density

So on a best bet, I should go Speed Density then?!

What if I use a MAS from a 98 GTP? Would that be able to read the units of air properly to get an accurate mapping, or would it only be good up to so many units of air?

I'm going to do my damnedest to hit around 500 whp/tq on a built 4.3 w/ Meth Injection. So I need to figure out the most viable solution.
 
Top