turbojimmy
New member
Don't know what kind of VW, but it had round fogs in the bumper by the parking lights.
Toolin along Rt. 10, doing my usual 10-15 over. Catch up to a Lude Type SH (must be Japanese for "not as slow as the regular Lude, but still slow". Evidently the Lude and VW had some kind of "race" going on and I jammed my big ugly domestic 'Phoon in the middle.
Roll up to the light at Smiles (go-go bar for non-locals). 3 lanes wide. The Lude wanted there first, but he reacted too late and I got in front in the far right lane - it ends a couple hundred feet up. Lude behind me, VW next to me on the right.
Light turns green, I lay waste to everything there. Check the rear view, there's a whole lotta jockeying for position going on - everyone trying to figure out who would be first to catch the 'Phoon. Road narrows to 2 lanes with the Lude in front of the VW. I cut left to dodge a slow moving Escort, Lude cuts out around it too and comes racing up alongside me. As soon as it got close to my rear bumper, I nailed it and kept it next to me. Pinned it behind a minivan in the right lane. VW is trailing the Lude at this point.
Approach the car wash, highway opens up to 3 lanes briefly - light's green. Lude goes way out to the right, I was watching him in the RH side mirror. Nailed it and pinned him behind a slow-moving LeBaron droptop as his lane ended (not sure why, it just needed done).
The Lude and the VW did some more battle in my rear view, I motored it on home. I bitch about the Ty's nail-it-from-a-roll capabilities, but at least I can dispense with the rice.
That is all. I do love my Ty. As much as I complain, it provides me all the stress relief I need every night on the way home from work.
Jim
Toolin along Rt. 10, doing my usual 10-15 over. Catch up to a Lude Type SH (must be Japanese for "not as slow as the regular Lude, but still slow". Evidently the Lude and VW had some kind of "race" going on and I jammed my big ugly domestic 'Phoon in the middle.
Roll up to the light at Smiles (go-go bar for non-locals). 3 lanes wide. The Lude wanted there first, but he reacted too late and I got in front in the far right lane - it ends a couple hundred feet up. Lude behind me, VW next to me on the right.
Light turns green, I lay waste to everything there. Check the rear view, there's a whole lotta jockeying for position going on - everyone trying to figure out who would be first to catch the 'Phoon. Road narrows to 2 lanes with the Lude in front of the VW. I cut left to dodge a slow moving Escort, Lude cuts out around it too and comes racing up alongside me. As soon as it got close to my rear bumper, I nailed it and kept it next to me. Pinned it behind a minivan in the right lane. VW is trailing the Lude at this point.
Approach the car wash, highway opens up to 3 lanes briefly - light's green. Lude goes way out to the right, I was watching him in the RH side mirror. Nailed it and pinned him behind a slow-moving LeBaron droptop as his lane ended (not sure why, it just needed done).
The Lude and the VW did some more battle in my rear view, I motored it on home. I bitch about the Ty's nail-it-from-a-roll capabilities, but at least I can dispense with the rice.
That is all. I do love my Ty. As much as I complain, it provides me all the stress relief I need every night on the way home from work.
Jim