Is this normal for Tach Readings using TunerPro ?

NOWAY55

New member
Using TunerPro, here are some readings on my tach at WOT 100%

It seems the readings are all over the place. Is this normal?

MPH RPM
55 3925
55 4225
56 3950
57 4275
57 4225
58 4275
59 4275
59 4175
60 4450
61 4225
61 4525
61 4275
62 4275
64 4575
64 4525
65 4225
66 4575
67 4500
67 4225
 

Big Mike

New member
Re: Is this normal for Tach Readings using TunerPro ?

Is your dash tach still not working? I thing you need to look at the white wire going to the coil for the distributor tach signal. Also look at the wires that were ripped out when your radio was stolen, you need to get a wiring schematic to check out the tach signal to ecm pins. What other dash gauges are not working??
 

NOWAY55

New member
Re: Is this normal for Tach Readings using TunerPro ?

BIG MIKE !!!!

The only thing not working is the TACH.

I did take the dash out and cleaned the contacts, took a look around but still dead.

I wasnt sure if the signal was the same going to the gauge as the computer.

I was just wondering what everyone elses tunerpro scans looked like if that was normal to see the RPM fluctuations when accelerating. I would expect to see a smooth transition upwards except for a shift.

???????????????
 

turrrbo6

Member
Re: Is this normal for Tach Readings using TunerPro ?

could be too much alky and causing just a slight miss
 

NOWAY55

New member
Re: Is this normal for Tach Readings using TunerPro ?

I see you have Alky Control also.....

On the Alky Control I have the following settings.

I have the Turn ON set to about 10 o clock

Initial is about 12 o clock

Blue knob is set to 6

Does that sound ballpark for settings ?
 

turrrbo6

Member
Re: Is this normal for Tach Readings using TunerPro ?

I see you have Alky Control also.....

On the Alky Control I have the following settings.

I have the Turn ON set to about 10 o clock

Initial is about 12 o clock

Blue knob is set to 6

Does that sound ballpark for settings ?

every application will be different. I would start by turning the knob on the controller down just a little and see if it makes any difference on the tach. Do you have an ignition box (msd) ?
 

93 TY 2185

Donating Member
Re: Is this normal for Tach Readings using TunerPro ?

could be too much alky and causing just a slight miss

I agree, tighten the gap on your plugs. I had trouble with stock heads spraying until I gaped my plugs down to .28.
HTH
 

NOWAY55

New member
Re: Is this normal for Tach Readings using TunerPro ?

Using Summit Digital IGnition box.

I am using Autolite 103's gapped at 28. They have been in about 500 miles.
 

NOWAY55

New member
Re: Is this normal for Tach Readings using TunerPro ?

I will revive this thread and close it out.

Replaced the Distributor and all is GOOD!
 
Top