Heater Hoses - Formed

Lynn D. Brown

New member
Hey Guys,

Just hooking up the Radiator hoses and noticed that the bottom one is 5/8" and the top one is 3/4". Is that correct ? The Btm 5/8" one appears to be a formed hose w a couple of bends. The 3/4" top one appears to go to a metal tube and then terminates w an "S" shaped hose at the radiator. I want to replace them w new ones and keep them 4 spares.

Does anyone know if the AP stores carry these formed hoses, or do I have to go to the General ? I'm thinking I may be able to get rid of the metal tube w my battery relocated.
 

Joey Allen

MUNCHKIN
I found the top one at Auto Zone (M4106)for around 15.00 and had to do a match up on the 5/8 short piece that looks like an S at Advance Auto Parts for 4.99 (if I find this p/n I will e-mail you).

'92 Ty 1635
 

s_blazin

Donating Member
Re: Heater Hoses - Formed

old post revival, did anyone ever figure out where to get the S shaped radiator hose that goes right next to the battery tray, new? tried matching something similar at the auto parts but nothing seemed to work right.
 
Last edited:

i8av8

Donating Member
Re: Heater Hoses - Formed

you can always use stainless steel exhaust pipe if nothing ever comes up :2cents:
 

s_blazin

Donating Member
Re: Heater Hoses - Formed

can anyone verify if this is the correct part number still?

15637941

also this is supposedly the pipe that it connects to, that runs by the battery tray

15664573
 

tdubberz

Member
Re: Heater Hoses - Formed

I ordered both hoses back in 10.09:

1 x HOSE HTR OTLT PIPE (15637941) = $33.14
1 x HOSE HTR INL (15637958) = $50.22

from Vintage Parts (http://vpartsinc.com/)

Parts are exact overstock from GM and fit like a glove!
 

thesyguy

Member
Re: Heater Hoses - Formed

Is that $50 for that s-shaped hose? Holy shiite muslim! That's f'n rediculous!
 

Syclone Rob

Its all ABOOT the SYTY eh
Re: Heater Hoses - Formed

I purchased the lower rad hose from vintage and by the time it got to me in Canada was almost $70 CDN. But I wanted a new perfect fit part.. I wish there was a perfect aftermarket part but as I see it there isn't. It sucks to pay that much but you gotta pay to play.
 

yar

Donating Member
Re: Heater Hoses - Formed

I sell GM factory new lower radiator hoses $30 shipped Priority Mail in U.S.
Ray
 
Last edited:

jaystcb

Sy 0902, 92Ty 0909
Re: Heater Hoses - Formed

Reviving a dead post...

Tempary fix. I pieced these two hoses together to form the upper S shaped heater hose. Bought both from AutoZone.

pn 87866

pn 87859



Is there any new news on a replacement upper (S shaped) heater hose. Anyone making or selling oem or found a close replacement for it besides ventage parts? Napa, AZ, O Rilley, Someone should sell a close replacement. Part number and Store would be helpful.


Thank you.
 
Top