Headers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for the members of the group running high horsepower motors 800+ what headers are you using? I am using modified ATR's and they are my main restriction now. If you could let me know what you are using, how to get them and the approx costs I would greatly appreciate it.

regards,

Tom V8EATER
 

ghettosled

SYTY SUPERSTORE
Tom, If you are serious I can make you some custom headers.. what heads you running? I would do em like I did for ryan. I can even do the crossover now.


Or we can go twin turbo :)


ryanmotor.jpg
 

ParTyBoy

New member
ghettosled said:
Tom, If you are serious I can make you some custom headers.. what heads you running? I would do em like I did for ryan. I can even do the crossover now.


Or we can go twin turbo :)


ryanmotor.jpg

Mike are you going to consider producing a set of stainless headers for a single turbo aplication that will work with the PTE turbo/downpipe ??
 

Tydriver

TurboLS6 Powa'
Re: Headers

Nor Cal Terror said:
I am using modified ATR's and they are my main restriction now.

Hee hee....... wanna sell those BOTTLENECKS ?? :lol: I'm still dealing with the Stock Manifolds ! Lemme know........
 

ghettosled

SYTY SUPERSTORE
Mike are you going to consider producing a set of stainless headers for a single turbo aplication that will work with the PTE turbo/downpipe ??[/quote]

no b/c

1.) they would be more then my TT headers and

2.) anyone who is outflowing the ATr/KB headers should be running twins.. :) unless a class restrics you to a single.

I can always build em, but they wont be cheap, nor crappy like a production header.
 

Tydriver

TurboLS6 Powa'
ghettosled said:
I can always build em, but they wont be cheap, nor crappy like a production header.

Are you saying they WONT be as cheap as the ATRs ???? or that they WOULD be around the price of the ATRs just better quality ?

Lemme know because I am interested in a set of SINGLE TURBO that will work with the PTE setup....
 

TheObiJuan

Active member
hey mike you are really brief, lol. so the kb headers will do good for about 600 to 650 horsepower? what about my idea with the twin turbo kit with two stock turbos and your tt kits for the vortecs or stock heads? would that be a good combo, you really did not comment on that. and would the ultimate control that or would bg need to custom burn it for that application?
mike, do you have any more pics of the tt kit?
 

smeagol

Active member
gEEz

Don't even think about doing TT unless you are willing to spend a lot of money and go really fast. Go really fast means pretty wild buildup, custom calibration/computer of some type.

Doing 2 stock turbos is goofy. No reason to.. you'll spend $2000 or so on headers... which he hasn't made to fit stock type heads, then custom downpipes, then custom intercooler, then custom exhaust, then make sure no interference with the propshaft, or steering shaft, remove your ABS, relocate your brake lines in that area, remove your AC, upgrade your cooling system if your IC system dictates that, custom intake/plenum possibly, if you need to accomodate the intercooler pipe. 2 stock turbos will make 600-700hp. I've been in trucks that have a single turbo that supports that HP, and response was great IMO. It was traction limited at that point already...

ATR and KB headers have gone into the 10s on AWD trucks, and could go deep 10s IMO. They've done 9's on RWD trucks already. If you want better response, optimize your exhaust system, get a good stall, and do a ball bearing turbo for a mild truck. If you are doing max effort, or have DEEP pockets and want something different... do the TT setup...

Just my $0.02
 

TheObiJuan

Active member
hey bg that is what i wanted to hear, i needed that info, i had tried from some other people but they are not very direct or detailed. my pockets are as deep as the average man so that is not what i want. i suppose owning a typhoon is different enough for me. (once i get it) (give me a few months) bg get my ultimate ready. do you have a picture of the display unit? how easy is it to change from say t115 to t221 for example. so i guess i will go with the kb setup then, i have no problem with it then if it will work, as long as i dont get exhaust leeks from the crappy welds. well thanks for the long response brian.
Juan Pinalez
 

Falco

Donating Member
Juan,

It looks like this:

ultimate.jpg


It's quite simple to change from t115 to any t2 programs. Just pushing the button several times. However you can't do it the reverse direction, which means you have to go over SEC to get bat to t115, which will shut off your truck.

Peace,
 

TheObiJuan

Active member
sorry SEC? and may i add your site is nice falco. i found it helpfull and very well needed. when will it be added to the syty.net homepage (keith?)
 

ghettosled

SYTY SUPERSTORE
thanks for clearing things up brian. seems you still have lots of free time on your hands. :evil:

btw, the headers will fit production heads.
 

Falco

Donating Member
Juan,

Thanks. The SEC is the security program in Ultimate. You can't start your truck with this program and it will die if you change to it while the engine is runnig.

HTH,
 

TYPHOOL7

Post Hawk
hahaha just testing the effects of blowing wind up your skirts, try wearing panties :evil: :evil: :evil:
 

Daron

Active member
TYPHOOL7 said:
cant we all just read before we talk nonsense. :x :x :-?

This crap will not be tolerated in this forum. Dont have anyting to add, dont add anyting.

Daron
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top