Head Gaskets

TrboSy2051

New member
On a 4.030" bore it's ok to use the 4.060" Cometic (oversize is better)? Also what gasket thickness on the same bore w/ L35's shaved .005? It's a mild street build so would Cometics be overkill and Victor Reinz will be fine? Boost would be around 21-ish.

I've searched and couldn't find anything specific if it's been covered before, just wanted to check before purchase.

thanks,
 

Logan

Member
Re: Head Gaskets

From what I have found the 4.060 is the "standard" for a lack of better words and works for STD bore up to .060. As far as thickness, in the thread below someone commented that a Cometic rep advised them that every .006" in thickness you add of subtract .1 point of compression. I think that can give you an idea of how think you need your gasket to be based on your target CR.

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=98859&highlight=cometic&page=2

With all of that said, someone with a lot more knowledge than I will hopefully be able to clear that up more for you.
 
Top