glass weatherstrip

VintageUpgrades

S10 Blazaholic
Can anyone tell me where to find the weatherstrip that is attached to the top of the door panel next to the glass? I have called LMC and they say they do not have it. I cannot tell which piece is correct from the drawing in their catalog. Thanks for the help.
 

13Pelle

Active member
Re: glass weatherstrip

In the Winter 2009 catalog on page 16, its #6 part number 29-7615

or maybe I am misunderstanding which weather strip you were talking about..... or are you talking about page 19 #8 part number 29-7510?
 

VintageUpgrades

S10 Blazaholic
Re: glass weatherstrip

From the picture, it is page 19, part 5. But I think that is the piece that attaches the panel to the door. I want the piece that staples to the door panel itself. I think it is wrecking yard time.
 

13Pelle

Active member
Re: glass weatherstrip

I know what you mean now. Let me goto the garage, I have a few in the package still. Let me see if i can get some numbers off them for you....
 

Chest Rockwell

Active member
Re: glass weatherstrip

Mitch, have you tried the dealer? I know the corresponding part on the outside of the door should still be available, I bought one from a dealer's stock in Virgina last year.
 

s_blazin

Donating Member
Re: glass weatherstrip

i'm also in need of these, the felt covered glass scraper that is stapled to the inside lip of the door panel. just removed mine about an hour ago because they were falling to pieces
 

s_blazin

Donating Member
Re: glass weatherstrip

i wonder what the quality of these are, i know i've had quality issues with lmc before

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cst/full.aspx?Page=3

EDIT: hey, that link above is cheaper than lmc and i DO need inners and outers on both sides, has anyone purchased these before? if they fit nice i'd buy those instead

or i guess gm has them, kinda pricey though, hmm cheaper aftermarket or oem gm? if the fit and quality is the same no brainer but who knows on that aftermarket stuff. i bought the actual door seal a few years back and it could have been made to fit any damn car, fit was awful, in the corners it creased and let water leak in, brand new. don't remember what i ever ended up replacing them with but they worked and are still working nearly 8 years later

http://www.parts4chevys.com/partloc...1185&callout=6&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0
 
Last edited:

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
Re: glass weatherstrip

I just ordered a set from 1aauto. I will post back about the quality.

I have never changed these before. Does anyone have any helpful tips?

Phil
 

s_blazin

Donating Member
Re: glass weatherstrip

I just ordered a set from 1aauto. I will post back about the quality.

I have never changed these before. Does anyone have any helpful tips?

Phil

any chance at messing with these yet? i've never done them either so i can't help ya on that but i'm wanting to know how they fit so i can order mine soon.
 

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
Re: glass weatherstrip

They should arrive tomarrow. I don't know when I will get a chance to install them. It may be a week or two.
 

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
Re: glass weatherstrip

I just received the weatherstripping. If I can get the panels warm enough were they wont crack. I may try to install them.
 

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
Re: glass weatherstrip

I Installed the outer strip on the drivers side. The fit was perfect. The inner strip is mounted to the door panel and also fits just like it should.

The spring has been broken on the inside lever that opens the door so I will repair that before I reattach the door panel.

As far as quality they appear to be made well. They looked like they were built exactly like the originals that I removed.
 

VintageUpgrades

S10 Blazaholic
Re: glass weatherstrip

I purchased and installed the set from 1aauto. They seem to fit very well. The interior side doesn't seal against the glass as well as I would like, but it is possible they will relax a bit after a few days in the sun. I will repost after the weekend.
 
Top