FS: 1991 Syclone #0973

SkydiveSy952

New member
*** THIS TRUCK IS SOLD ****

Enjoy it!


...but I pretty much never post. If anyone is looking for a 83,000 mile 98% original truck which has been carefully restored and well maintained, please say so via PM here. I'm thinking $13,000 firm. Paint was fresh two years ago, by Nick Johns. Tonneau was fresh then too as were the Bilsteins. Graphics are hand lettered originals by Bill Marigold. Antenna has been shaved. The truck has been maintained by Mike Lee of Race Proven Motors since I have owned it. He can vouch for the truck and the owner. It's all stock except for the mirrors and in-dash CD player, which are original Typhoon units. (I have the original Sy stuff put away too, along with some factory books.)

The truck runs well, but could use a fresh signal stalk, lock actuators, and driver's door seal. I never got around to the ABS bypass but that would be a good idea too. It lives under a fitted cover, and last passed California Emissions in April 2011. I have books, tools, and the wheel lock tool.

Here are a couple of photos before I had Bill apply the graphics, which are hand painted duplicates of the original decals. The interior shows very little wear.

Sy1.jpg


Sy2.jpg


Added: Hand painted graphics to match OE decals on each door cladding:

sidelogo.jpeg


Yes... I know this should be driver's side, but I liked it better over here:

taillogo.jpeg


This is how #973 spends all but Sundays:

cover.jpeg


Dusty, but well kept in original fashion... The alternator was replaced with a new OE unit about a year ago:

enginebay.jpeg


The frame has a bit of typical surface rust, but no structural issues whatsoever:

under.jpeg


Original Interior save the Ty side mirrors and Ty CD unit: (I also have the originals.)

interior.jpeg


Here's a horrible shot of the odometer, just because:

odo.jpeg


...and the Spec plate, also just because:

plate.jpeg



-Michael Klenner
(Los Angeles Area)
 
Last edited:

Jimmy

Banned
Re: I've been lurking here since 2005 when I bought 952...

Re: I've been lurking here since 2005 when I bought 952...

Sweet truck.
 

gnjeff.t

New member
Re: I've been lurking here since 2005 when I bought 952...

Re: I've been lurking here since 2005 when I bought 952...

Do you have any pictures of the graphics? Any other modifications done?
 

SkydiveSy952

New member
Re: I've been lurking here since 2005 when I bought 952...

Re: I've been lurking here since 2005 when I bought 952...

Do you have any pictures of the graphics? Any other modifications done?


I'll post some later tonight, or tomorrow. They appear as the original decals do, but they look better, and won't peel or fade as they are painted.

Other than the Walbro fuel pump which replaced the original, failing pump, it's all stock to my knowledge. (I am the third owner.)

-Michael
 

Ty0279

Historically Significant
Re: I've been lurking here since 2005 when I bought 952...

Re: I've been lurking here since 2005 when I bought 952...

Skydive from the old AudiWorld / Quattroworld days?
 

SkydiveSy952

New member
Re: I've been lurking here since 2005 when I bought 952...

Re: I've been lurking here since 2005 when I bought 952...

Skydive from the old AudiWorld / Quattroworld days?

'tis I, sir. I'm selling this one to make room for a Porsche again.

How ya doin' Kurt?
 

phoonTy

Truckless. For now.
Re: FS: 1991 Syclone #0952

Re: FS: 1991 Syclone #0952

Post moved into the classifieds. :tup:
 

SkydiveSy952

New member
FS: 1991 Syclone #0953

FS: 1991 Syclone #0953

I have added a few additional photos to the FS post for those that asked. Further the truck is #973 as opposed the the 952 I had in my head for several years! Oops.
 
Last edited:

Ty0279

Historically Significant
Re: I've been lurking here since 2005 when I bought 952...

Re: I've been lurking here since 2005 when I bought 952...

'tis I, sir. I'm selling this one to make room for a Porsche again.

How ya doin' Kurt?

Nice! 996? 997?

Doing well, thanks. I'm getting ready to sell a car or two and make room for "Godzilla." ;)

Your Sy looks like it's in great shape and well taken care of! Someone will very happy with it. :cool:
 

Richiec77

New member
Re: FS: 1991 Syclone #0953

Re: FS: 1991 Syclone #0953

Very nice truck. I'm currently shopping around for either a Sy or a Ty.

Any pictures of the engine bay, undercarriage, interior?
 

SkydiveSy952

New member
Re: I've been lurking here since 2005 when I bought 952...

Re: I've been lurking here since 2005 when I bought 952...

993, actually.

I had one for a couple of years once, and I still consider it the best car I've ever owned in terms of the joys of driving. The 993 is also widely considered to be the last true Porsche.

Godzilla?

Nice! 996? 997?

Doing well, thanks. I'm getting ready to sell a car or two and make room for "Godzilla." ;)

Your Sy looks like it's in great shape and well taken care of! Someone will very happy with it. :cool:
 

SkydiveSy952

New member
Re: FS: 1991 Syclone #0953

Re: FS: 1991 Syclone #0953

I've added a few more photos bye request...

Added: Hand painted graphics to match OE decals on each door cladding:

sidelogo.jpeg


Yes... I know this should be driver's side, but I liked it better over here:

taillogo.jpeg


Dusty, but well kept in original fashion... The alternator was replaced with a new OE unit about a year ago:

enginebay.jpeg


The frame has a bit of typical surface rust, but no structural issues whatsoever:

under.jpeg


Original Interior save the Ty side mirrors and Ty CD unit: (I also have the originals.)

interior.jpeg


Here's a horrible shot of the odometer, just because:

odo.jpeg


...and the Spec plate, also just because:

plate.jpeg


-Michael
 

Ty0279

Historically Significant
Re: FS: 1991 Syclone #0953

Re: FS: 1991 Syclone #0953

993, actually.
I had one for a couple of years once, and I still consider it the best car I've ever owned in terms of the joys of driving. The 993 is also widely considered to be the last true Porsche.
Godzilla?

Very nice choice. Got to drive a 993 Turbo back in ~'99/'00. Awesome car for sure!

Godzilla = R35 GT-R

Love the hand painted 'decals' on the Syclone. :cool:
 

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box
Re: FS: 1991 Syclone #0953

Re: FS: 1991 Syclone #0953

Very nice choice. Got to drive a 993 Turbo back in ~'99/'00. Awesome car for sure!

Godzilla = R35 GT-R

Love the hand painted 'decals' on the Syclone. :cool:

I was actually going to get "GDZILA: for my plate if I imported an R-32 (I looked in to it for over a year). Funny thing is that one of my coworkers had an R-35 with that same plate :lol:
 

SkydiveSy952

New member
Re: FS: 1991 Syclone #0973

973 is Sold. It left for its new home as driven by the new owner's father about 90 minutes ago. I'm reminded that I probably just said goodbye to one of the last true GM hotrods... Pangs of remorse abound.

Good luck, Tom! You are the right buyer for the right truck. I'm glad you found it.

Blueskies,
-Michael
 
Top