From Bad to Worse

KaBoom

New member
Since my last post, I have had the turbo pieces cleaned out of the intercooler, the blown turbo replaced with a larger one and a 3500 stall speed converter installed. The motor has no turbo lag, however it has only been run for 10 minutes during the last month. This is due to the fact that the motor is making a "funny" sound. Removal of the pan disclosed that the funny sound was coming from the crank after the main bearings were spun in the block.
I am currently sorting out who is responsible for this latest hickup in what has been an 8 1/2 month misadventure. People that do not take responsibility for the work that they do have a place in our society. In my mind, that place is one step below road kill.

Fuming in Florida,
KaBoom
 

1BADSUV

New member
Re: From Bad to Worse

KaBoom said:
Since my last post, I have had the turbo pieces cleaned out of the intercooler, the blown turbo replaced with a larger one and a 3500 stall speed converter installed. The motor has no turbo lag, however it has only been run for 10 minutes during the last month. This is due to the fact that the motor is making a "funny" sound. Removal of the pan disclosed that the funny sound was coming from the crank after the main bearings were spun in the block.
I am currently sorting out who is responsible for this latest hickup in what has been an 8 1/2 month misadventure. People that do not take responsibility for the work that they do have a place in our society. In my mind, that place is one step below road kill.

Fuming in Florida,
KaBoom


KaBoom,

Where are you located in S. Florida? I am in Naples. :D
 

sy1084

New member
I know exaclty how you feel... I picked up a Typhoon in Texas that had a $5000 dollar rebuilt engine from Conley performance with only 1500 miles on the rebuild. And a warranty on his workmanship... When I test drove it it ran great so I bought it. 250 miles later a rocker arm stud broke (looks like it was over-torqued according to every shop I took it to) and it pretty much killed the engine.

When I got it home and I started to remove the engine not one the six bolts holding the engine to the tranny was tight. Not even the motor mount bolts were tight. I was able to remove the bolts with my fingers. It was the first time I had all six extentions on my air-rachet ready to go. Even after many calls Chris Conley still says that the failure wasn't his fault the stud just broke...

My favorite line was when he told me he was glad that the mechanic that worked on my Ty dosen't work for him any longer. :fist:

So join the club and start rebuilding everything yourself. Or as someone has in their signature...

"Syclone's and Typhoon's - turning regular people into ASE mechanics"

Good luck with the rebuild....

Aaron
 

93ty475

Donating Member
Re: From Bad to Worse

KaBoom said:
Since my last post, I have had the turbo pieces cleaned out of the intercooler, the blown turbo replaced with a larger one and a 3500 stall speed converter installed. The motor has no turbo lag, however it has only been run for 10 minutes during the last month. This is due to the fact that the motor is making a "funny" sound. Removal of the pan disclosed that the funny sound was coming from the crank after the main bearings were spun in the block.
I am currently sorting out who is responsible for this latest hickup in what has been an 8 1/2 month misadventure. People that do not take responsibility for the work that they do have a place in our society. In my mind, that place is one step below road kill.

Fuming in Florida,
KaBoom

sorry for the misfortune...did you remove the pan while the engine was still in the truck?
 

KaBoom

New member
Thanks for the supporting comments. It is a little comforting to hear that I am not the only one that has had this kind of bad luck. The pan is off and I'm trying to get the machine shop that did the block work to look at the motor while it is still in the truck. I hope that the block is not damaged beyond repair. The truck and the machine shop are both located in the greater Hollywood, Florida area so I hope to have some additional information in a day or two. The guy that assembled the motor has tried to distance himself from any blame, however one of the reasons that I went to a turnkey motor build and installation was to limit the finger pointing and fix responsibility with one person.
I could use the name and number of a good lawyer in the Hollywood area.
KaBoom
 

Monhaulin

Member
Sorry for the crap work you got , I hate it when people don't own up to their mistakes. You're welcome to use my lawyer, his name is Smith & Wesson and his number is .357. Mike
 

bezerk

New member
My brand new engine spun a main bearing after 50 miles.
it was a GM builded engine, still it's weird to hear so manny stories about new/rebuilded engines that have failures.
is it because they rebuild the things as ordinary engines?

Good luck!
 
Top