Fluid and Tune up List

westinbrad

New member
Hello everyone. I'm in the process of planning my tune up and fluid change and wanted to compile a list of the best fluids and the best parts I can get (reasonable priced that is) for a tune up and all fluids change.


Engine Oil-Mobil 1 5w-30? 10w-30?

Transmission oil-? Have no idea what to use
Transfer case oil? have no idea
Brake fluid-? no idea
Differencials-? no idea
Radiator Coolant---something already pre-mixed 50/50
Power Steering fluid-? Have no idea

Plugs-Bosche
Wires-? Bosche i guess
Cap-GM
Rotor-GM
Air Filter-Been using K&N
Fuel Filter-? Guessing Bosche or Fram
Oil Filter- ? K&N, Fram or Bosche
Accessory Belt-? GM
Brakes-? No idea
Radiator hoses-? GM

Any one got some suggestions? Specific weights or types would be appreciated with the fluids.

Thanks
 

warmpancakes

New member
Re: Fluid and Tune up List

Engine Oil-Mobil 1 5w-30? 10w-30? I use 10w30

Transmission oil-? just standard fluid

Plugs- cr42ts or the NGK ur6
Wires-? taylors or msd
Cap-GM
Rotor-GM
Air Filter-Been using K&N
Fuel Filter-? Guessing Bosche or Fram Neither get a wix or napa gold
Oil Filter- ? K&N, Fram or Bosche see above
Accessory Belt-? GM
Brakes-? No idea
Radiator hoses-? GM

Any one got some suggestions? Specific weights or types would be appreciated with the fluids.
 

cloneman315

Active member
Re: Fluid and Tune up List

for sure dont use any other wires but magnacore or taylors etc.i like 15w50 myself
 

383awdblazer

New member
Re: Fluid and Tune up List

For spark plugs I was gonna try next was a brand named: E3
Found them on summit racing:
http://store.summitracing.com/partd...4294908171+4294906831+401062+115&autoview=sku

Have never used them myself however I saw them tested on the show Muscle Car on spike. On the engine dyno the claimed a 5hp increase over the next best performing spark plug. Could have been a paid advertisement for all I know but I was thinking of trying them on my next tune up.
 

CAMSTY

SyTy Obsessed
Re: Fluid and Tune up List

If your doing tranny fluid add a bottle of Lubegaurd, you might need to go to a tranny shop to find it or a race shop.
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: Fluid and Tune up List

For spark plugs I was gonna try next was a brand named: E3
Found them on summit racing:
http://store.summitracing.com/partd...4294908171+4294906831+401062+115&autoview=sku

Have never used them myself however I saw them tested on the show Muscle Car on spike. On the engine dyno the claimed a 5hp increase over the next best performing spark plug. Could have been a paid advertisement for all I know but I was thinking of trying them on my next tune up.

Try them if you like. I've talked to a couple of users who saw no apparent gain and switched back. Non SyTy though.
 
Top