drop block, now what?

92TyLA

New member
So I just installed 1" drop blocks and removed all the self leveling crap out but the ty still looks to be same height if anything it looks higer now.
I removed the pump and the hoses too.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.
The Messican.
20130512_190458_zpsd88fceea.jpg

20130515_155547_zps4ea068b9.jpg
 

MRKING

New Parts for Old Trucks
Re: drop block, now what?

You are going to love sand dragging with that skyjacker kit , er wait I mean maybe try 3" blocks next :lol:

Did you tighten the leaf spring components super tight with the wheels off of the ground ? It is possible to bind the joints at the rubber bushings and make it want to hold itself up a little . One of the times that i r+r'd my front suspension I did that and it wouldn't settle down until i loosened the bolts a little .That may not be it , but it is an easy first option .Otherwise crank up the front some and go hit the dunes .;)
 

92TyLA

New member
Re: drop block, now what?

Will check if the loosing the bolts work.

Mark ill snap some pics later on when the sun is up
 

aasltmike

Active member
Re: drop block, now what?

I put 2 inch blocks on mine, disabled the air suspension, and put regular performance shocks on mine. Leveled my Ty out just fine.
 

92TyLA

New member
Re: drop block, now what?

If you wanna sell the self leveling stuff let me know. Shoot me a PM with a price if so.

I need to verify if its still somewhere on the back, i was gonna throw that away, you can have it if you want just pay for the trip.
 

92TyLA

New member
Re: drop block, now what?

You also want to get a set of axle set back plates to center the wheels. It will also lower it another 3/8 of a inch. here is a link to them. http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_S10-301.html

I bought them too but dee dee deeee dude didnt install them, im going to have the shop across the street put them on and check the blocks, set back plates are a must! Damn tires are about an inch forward now
Thanks
 

92TyLA

New member
Re: drop block, now what?

20130516_163404_zps7a69d467.jpg

Passenger side, looks about right but driver side is about an inch higer
20130516_171925_zps3be6c58b.jpg

Driver side

20130516_171935_zps29385fca.jpg

Think it must have something to do with torsion bar adjustment? Also set back plates are on now, they were not in before and the guy had left the stock spacer on, so basicaly he droped the block on top of the stock angled spacer thing, I removed the stock spacer thing and put the set back plates but the ride is still high specially on driver side
 

fauXGT

Brick Pilot
Re: drop block, now what?

Should be
in order... leaf, then setback, then lowering block, then angle shim, then axle.
It will make a difference if its not done properly.
It makes it easier to remove the lower shock to get things to line up. And torque all equal. About 80 lbs.
 

92TyLA

New member
Re: drop block, now what?

Thats what I needed to know!!!^^^^^^^ Couldn't find any post about it, so now I need to drop everything again and install the angles, good thing I didnt throw them away
Thank you!!!!!
 

fauXGT

Brick Pilot
Re: drop block, now what?

Were the nuts on the bottom of the centering bolts cut off? The shock mount on the lower of the leaf will hit that nut protruding down from the leafs. It can add height to the bottom of the leaf. I clamped the leafs on either side of the centering bolt, cut off the bolt with a sawsall, and replaced the bolt with a carriage bolt with the flat on the bottom of the leaf. that way the bolt won't hit the lower shock plate. Can't remember what size but the nut on the top of the leaf is the same diameter size as the holes in the setback plate or the lowering block.:2cents:
 
Top