difference in pcv valves

92TyLA

New member
Cleaning them out and noticed that the little holes at the bottom of the valves are different in quantity, one has about 4 or 5 marks/holes/whatever while the other one appears to have 8.
Both have the same info stamped on them:
AC ROCHESTER
TYPE CV-799 C
and the "E" at the bottom

Any idea why?
If these are stock, what is the original location for each.
I didnt pay attention when I removed them but im guessing the one with the most gunk used to be at the rear part of valve going to throttle, not sure.

Front (going to air intake pipe)
20131209_183330_zps8f8ade6a.jpg

20131209_184115_zps79a08b01.jpg

20131209_184039_zps6e79d006.jpg

Rear (going to throttle)
20131209_183901_zps534305b7.jpg

20131209_183922_zps4e95f63a.jpg

20131209_183941_zps8ffd9ee9.jpg
 
Last edited:

JAY

Donating Member
Re: difference in pvc valves

Re: difference in pvc valves

I think you mean pcv valve. :)
 

92TyLA

New member
Re: difference in pvc valves

Re: difference in pvc valves

:headbange:
Im freezing cold rightnow no time to double check posting title, my bad.
 

92TyLA

New member
Re: difference in pcv valves

Just wondering why the difference thats all, same part number I know.
 

atkonkler

Is this your bush?
Re: difference in pcv valves

Manufacturing and the vendor I do believe, the spring inside the valve is the same. I got some Bwd if you want me to go out into the garage and take a pic..Lmk
 
Top