Datamaster Check Please

intheclouds1977

New member
When I bought my Typhoon this summer, it was in rough running shape (10°+ KR). I've spent a bit of time fixing her up and think I've finally got things running well. I'd appreciate anyone who can review the below Datamaster file and give me feedback. I may have to make some small adjustments when the weather warms up, but as far as I can tell, everything looks good in the file for now.

In the file, the strange 1st gear RPMs are due to a burnout when boost launched (cold roads), suddenly grabbing traction, then shifting to 2nd gear.

File located at:
http://www.intheclouds1977.com/Typhoon/Datamaster

Datamaster%20picture.jpg


Vehicle specs:
Mostly stock
No cat
VeloSyTy chip
Stock narrowband O2

Motor tune-up stuff:
- New plugs/wires/cap/rotor
- Seafoamed upper 1/2 of motor
- Rebuilt stock turbo with SportMachines upgraded impeller
- New vacuum lines and check valves
- EGR delete
- New IC pump, hotwired
- Timed to 0° base (was 6° advanced)
- Fixed false knock areas: banging tranny cooler lines, rattling broken motor mount, overtightened knock sensor

Thank you to anyone who can help! :D
 

johnboy89

Member
Re: Datamaster Check Please

A few things I did notice was that your intercooler temp's are low through the whole run. How long was the trunk running, looks like it was up to temp. when you started? How cold was it out?

The only other thing I saw was the inj. DC was in the red the whole tine you were full throttle.

Other than that looked ok to me
 

intheclouds1977

New member
Re: Datamaster Check Please

Thanks John. The outside temp was -14°F...very cold! As temps warm up, I'll keep an eye on things. The truck had been running for over an hour; I was running some errands prior to datalogging. Good to know I'm looking at the datamaster file right. Thanks for the input!

I'm not sure on the inj. DC, but think that's common for a stock truck? I might have to get in to a higher volume fuel pump, more fuel pressure and some code59 tuning to fix it. As far as I can tell with the narrow-band O2, I'm not going lean... At the start of all this, I was throwing some lean O2 codes, but upped the fuel and that code has gone away.

I could retard the timing in 3rd gear to get a flat zero KR, but is that recommended? I'd guess I'd just be giving up power and that the small amount of KR I'm seeing now is fine?
 
Top