It all started off innocently enough with the rear control arm not fitting to well so i took a big ole hammer and pounded it in. Which in turn gouged abit of the rubber out of the new poly bushing
Now on the upper control arm .... the gap is just massive.
After pounding the snot out of the left side it still doesn't fit and looks like this now
I suspect frame damage now because there is a crack on the passenger fender when I bought it and it came with mismatched front/rear tires. Last week when the hood cable broke I noticed the condensor was smooshed in about 1/2 inch.
I'm so frustrated at this point it's not like i can just throw on the oem stuff and take it to a body shop because I had to torch out and mangle all the bushings to get the old stuff out. So what are my options now? Throw the front end on some kinda cart and tow it to the bodyshop to get the frame straightened? There wern't many gaps in the body panels so I wonder if the frame has already been straightened and that the suspension was still bent....
Ideas, suggestions much appreciated..
After pounding the snot out of the left side it still doesn't fit and looks like this now
I suspect frame damage now because there is a crack on the passenger fender when I bought it and it came with mismatched front/rear tires. Last week when the hood cable broke I noticed the condensor was smooshed in about 1/2 inch.
I'm so frustrated at this point it's not like i can just throw on the oem stuff and take it to a body shop because I had to torch out and mangle all the bushings to get the old stuff out. So what are my options now? Throw the front end on some kinda cart and tow it to the bodyshop to get the frame straightened? There wern't many gaps in the body panels so I wonder if the frame has already been straightened and that the suspension was still bent....
Ideas, suggestions much appreciated..
Last edited: