Calling out T-boner!!!!

JSM

Active member
Re: Calling out T-boner!!!!

T-Bone Sighting.

012_14A.JPG


Also just in, Jeremy said if you find a date at mid ohio he is game to race you heads up, your syclone to his syclone. :tup:
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: Calling out T-boner!!!!

I think if you are being called out, you should make the arrangements work out so to speak to make it happen. That is of course, if you even care to be a part of it. When you get called out, they are initiating the challenge and clearly not "afraid" to race. However, if you accept the challenge and meet on his terms and he comes up with excuses then that is the only way I would consider the challenger to be a puss and assume he was full of shit all along. I was called out on the local boards by a guy who's car ran consistent 11's and I met at the time he asked me to. Unfortunately he was not there. I guess he had sent me a PM saying to meet the following weekend because it would have been cheaper since the track was having a different type of event. I know I would have lost and never said anything different but point is, he challenged, I went. I hope you guys can really get your schedules to compare and get this on video. I would certainly think twice if I owned a modded Z06 and a guy with a stock Sy was calling me out. I can see why you really only want to race him through turns. That's what I used to do when I had my Vette and knew I couldn't beat someone in the straight line:lol:

Well said Mike. He was called out 1st to the tune of $2500 to make 1 pass through Deal's Gap but that got swept under the rug and he thinks no-one notices. Maybe he is polishing his cover-up tactics to make a bid run for public office. Either way, he made an incalculable mistakes mentioning twisties. That is all I have known since I was 7 years old and I am not afraid to prove it at all!!! Again, I will be at the gas station where the tail of the Dragon commences on Saturday between 12 and 1. Jabberwalk has plans to be there to. Unless you are a wimp, show up with cash on hand.
 

JSM

Active member
Re: Calling out T-boner!!!!

Your asking for someone to drive 10+ hrs to a place to do something illegal. Think about that for a second. Or were you suggesting you both cruise through the gap at the posted speed limits? Never been there but I assume passing is not legal from start to finish? If so can the sy leave first?

We have posted 3 alteratives both straight and with turns, all legal.
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: Calling out T-boner!!!!

Also just in, Jeremy said if you find a date at mid ohio he is game to race you heads up, your syclone to his syclone. :tup:

Again, you guys started the bashing on the Z06....now you are running from it like a mailman runs from a mad doberman. Do you want the Zo6 or not? If not, leave it alone and save your time. I will gladly accept the Sy 2 Sy challenge at BG or Mid-Ohio but we have to agree to a deadline of April 09. If I fail to show by then, Jeremy gets $500 in light of a forfeit. I don't race during the winter months and the Syclone needs some fine tuning......we all know that so I don't understand why you keep bringing the Syclone up now. That's like me jumping on you while your Typhoon is not up too par.....very mature!!!!!
 

JSM

Active member
Re: Calling out T-boner!!!!

Again, you guys started the bashing on the Z06....now you are running from it like a mailman runs from a mad doberman. Do you want the Zo6 or not? If not, leave it alone and save your time. I will gladly accept the Sy 2 Sy challenge at BG or Mid-Ohio but we have to agree to a deadline of April 09. If I fail to show by then, Jeremy gets $500 in light of a forfeit. I don't race during the winter months and the Syclone needs some fine tuning......we all know that so I don't understand why you keep bringing the Syclone up now. That's like me jumping on you while your Typhoon is not up too par.....very mature!!!!!

I just said find a date to race, didn't say this weekend or even next weekend.

Heck find a date to do both BG and Mid Ohio.

I don't think anyone of us his discounted the Z06 as a fine and great car. They have tried to setup some fair races that pit driver skills IMO.

We will still be here ready in April 09. You should be able to buy and sell 5 more syty's by then. :tup:
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: Calling out T-boner!!!!

Your asking for someone to drive 10+ hrs to a place to do something illegal. Think about that for a second. Or were you suggesting you both cruise through the gap at the posted speed limits? Never been there but I assume passing is not legal from start to finish? If so can the sy leave first?

It is 317.49 miles from you. That is less than a 5 hour drive. BTW, Jeremy is the one who suggested coming to my house to go race locally.....and you call that legal?????? See, by your double standard, your local hobby horse can suggest it and there is no harm done....the TN boys can suggest it and it is a major crime.

You can find a lot out by visiting the deals gap website. Is passing legal...probably not. I have already said if the Sy made it, I would not leave until it was out of sight so you can deduce by that, that the Sy would have to leave first. What else do you need me to spell out for you? :dunno:
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: Calling out T-boner!!!!

I just said find a date to race, didn't say this weekend or even next weekend.

Heck find a date to do both BG and Mid Ohio.

I don't think anyone of us his discounted the Z06 as a fine and great car. They have tried to setup some fair races that pit driver skills IMO.

We will still be here ready in April 09. You should be able to buy and sell 5 more syty's by then. :tup:

If that is how you want it, it is fine by me (appears you are back to resuming the moderating now). You guys tag team up there when I wear one out but hey, it is all good.

So, for the record, we will run my Red prototype "underdog" Syclone against Jeremy's "stock (cough, cough)" Syclone (each registered to us) at either BG or mid-Ohio (and possibly both) on a date TBD and agreed upon by us both. If either of us fail to show to an agreed upon race (entered into by both parties and it HAS to happen before April 30,09), the one that renigs pays the other the $500 cash by default....correct? Just wanna get this in the clear because you guys like to tap dance around up there and substitute drivers, vehicles, locations to dodge facing reality.

At the very least, through all this drama I will get my Syclone running right :tup:
 
Last edited:

2kwik4u

Resident slow guy
Re: Calling out T-boner!!!!

I've been quite for awhile now. Didn't really have a lot to contribute as it just turns into personal attacks anyway.

10 years ago when Deals Gap was still a secret, I'd have shown. It's now one of the most patrolled sections of highway in TN. I've been to jail several times for driving infractions along these same lines. I've learned my lesson, I'm not racing on the street. It's immature, ignorant, and unsafe. There is a double yellow line from start to finish at Deals Gap. While I've seen many many people pass on that road, it's far from safe, or a wise decision. You originally challenged that on a bike too, which is also something that I'm pretty sure none of us EVER brought up as nobody up this way has one except Hardman (and thats a Honda Shadow). On top of that, even if it was a possibility of getting me to show there, my truck will gladly hand most any bike it's ass on that road. I've personally driven it several times, and kept pace with some fast miata's that I've been riding in when passing bikes. You can argue until you're blue in the face over this one, but a bike simply doesn't have the traction to corner as fast as a car. If you think otherwise you should go back and retake your basic (or advanced) MSF course where they teach you the physics of riding a bike, and it's limited traction capabilities.

On to the drag racing. We started it, and we're picking on the ZO6. We've offered several track days for you to show up at. I'm pretty sure if you showed up to our offer of a knife fight with a gun, we'd still run you. In more literal terms, if we challenge a race against your poorly running Syclone, and you show in your ZO6, I'll personally guarantee none of us are going to back down just because you brought a "faster" ride. If you think any of us are dumb enough to challenge a 505hp sports car in a heads up race against a 120hp pickup truck, you've severely underestimated us. So, I proposed a bracket race. Thats a drive skill race, not a race you can buy your way into with fancy equipment. It's a pretty fair way to stack up your abilities versus mine, since I obviously don't have pockets deep enough to play with the style of toys you do. You again retreated and called it "a pussy race for those that can't play with the big boys". I can certainly play, I just don't have the expendable income to waste on a $70k sports car.

Now, on to the Autocross. Again, this is a pretty good test of drivers ability, and not the equipment they can purchase. It's twisty, and involves a lot more than just getting a good launch, and rowing the gears down the track (not to discount the ability required to get a good pass at the strip with a 5spd). Having done this several times in my tuck, I'm confident in my abilities to again hand you your ass in whatever particular vehicle you have to show up in. You certainly don't have a shortage of quick running vehicles to chose from. Any of them will do just fine, although they do have to have 4 wheels to compete in this venue. Again, it's a driver skill race since I can't compete with the level of equipment you have........At this point I'd like to offer to make the trip to wherever you chose to Autocross. My little red S10 will make the drive, throw a can of whoop ass out, and drive me home without a problem. You just have to tell me when and where!

Mid-Ohio.....I'd love to run there, but again it's back to me not having the equipment to compete on any real level. I'm sure I can round up a friends car if you like, or if you're comfortable with it, I'll gladly best your time in your own car. Whichever is more comfortable for you. I don't personally know that track, but turns are turns, doesn't really matter where you put 'em. I've driven road atlanta a few times, and wouldn't mind heading back there to race. I think it's a little closer to you, and I have some friends down that way that would love to come watch the festivities. Again, you name the time and place, and I'll show up.

I think that about covers it. If you still think I'm hiding behind others accomplishments, or riding on coattails of what others have done......well, I once heard someone say "You can please some of the people all of the time, or all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time".....Guess you're one of the few I just can't please.
 

JSM

Active member
Re: Calling out T-boner!!!!

I will let Jeremy do the finally agreement.

Wear us out, I doubt you will do that. Where are your TN boys at? Must be hanging out with Jimmy at the hiding place.
 

alwayswantedone

Donating Member
Re: Calling out T-boner!!!!

Just a thought but what about racing in identical rental cars? Wouldn't that make it a no ? asked drivers race? Also the cars should be rented at the same time so neither driver can get more seat time in the car then the other.
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: Calling out T-boner!!!!

On top of that, even if it was a possibility of getting me to show there, my truck will gladly hand most any bike it's ass on that road. I've personally driven it several times, and kept pace with some fast miata's that I've been riding in when passing bikes. You can argue until you're blue in the face over this one, but a bike simply doesn't have the traction to corner as fast as a car. [/QOUTE]

Mike, you are way off course on this one. Traction is determined by contact patch, weight and the lateral force placed on the tire. When agressively running an auto, you are loading all that weight on the front tires and then pitching it in a curve so, in essence, all that weight is transferring to the front outside tire which is why oversteer occurs with many novice drivers. On a bike, I might have 500 pounds loaded on the front tire under braking but since I can brake light years faster, I simply unload before pitching into a curve so I am placing the weight evenly on two race compound tires and regulating the balance of both with my knee (a third wheel per sey). At the Apex under acceleration, the front loses its contactpatch so I just float it out of the curve and get set for the next curve.......you can NOT do that in a truck or car!!! A car will never be able to corner like a bike unless it is a IRL car. I ride in full leathers and my knee pucs get as much boogering as my tires. Have I been down before....sure, but I know my limits and the limits of my bike a whole lot better than I did when I was 16-19. I'd LOVE to run your truck across the GAP because you would not even be close by the time I crossed the TN, NC line at the top of the hill (less than 1 mile from the gas station). In a vehicle, I agree it is not the best of ideas but we could hit route 68 if you'd like. The cops don't hang out on that road and it is supe nice. Just longer straights which would place you in a disadvangtage.



If you think any of us are dumb enough to challenge a 505hp sports car in a heads up race against a 120hp pickup truck, you've severely underestimated us. So, I proposed a bracket race. Thats a drive skill race, not a race you can buy your way into with fancy equipment. It's a pretty fair way to stack up your abilities versus mine, since I obviously don't have pockets deep enough to play with the style of toys you do. You again retreated and called it "a pussy race for those that can't play with the big boys". I can certainly play, I just don't have the expendable income to waste on a $70k sports car.

That type of language (you identified in quotations) never exits my mouth or passes through my fingertips. I owe you a public apology if I came across as belittling your financial status. I didn't intend to do that. I assumed the way you were attacking me, you had a pretty quick Syclone. Sorry, but I don't braket race....too many sandbaggers out there :).


Now, on to the Autocross. At this point I'd like to offer to make the trip to wherever you chose to Autocross. My little red S10 will make the drive, throw a can of whoop ass out, and drive me home without a problem. You just have to tell me when and where!

Mid-Ohio.....I'd love to run there, but again it's back to me not having the equipment to compete on any real level. I've driven road atlanta a few times, and wouldn't mind heading back there to race.

I love Roebling Road.....that is where I ran many a WERA race in the 600 class. I'll see what I can arrange there and let you know and we will go have some fun


I'll gladly best your time in your own car. Whichever is more comfortable for you.
Perish the thought.....my wife doesn't even drive my toys :tup:



If you still think I'm hiding behind others accomplishments, or riding on coattails of what others have done.....Guess you're one of the few I just can't please.

Don't think that at all. Jeremy volunteered you and I don't recall you volunteering him or anyone else to handle business. You don't have to please me.....my wife and children fill that role, but like you, I consider myself very competitive at what I do and don't take lightly to hatchets knocking notches at the base without even knowing me. I don't think we have ever personally met but hopefully that will change before Spring of next year. I also hope we are mature enough to shake hands at the start and the end and be able to build each other up rather than try to tear each other down. Bring you truck, bring your parachute, bring your nitrogen, bring your attitude but let's get together without harbouring ill feelings. I have fun jabbing at you guys on this forum at times when you ask for it but I sensed you (and Jeremy) took it beneath the skin. Sorry bout that :tup:
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: Calling out T-boner!!!!

See I knew this was the best syty support group you could find. :tup::tup:

I wouldn't consider it support but I would consider it good motivation. This is JUST what I needed to energize myself to get that truck running right. Jimmy has been after me for 1.5 years to get it right so beat your drum.
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: Calling out T-boner!!!!

Just a thought but what about racing in identical rental cars? Wouldn't that make it a no ? asked drivers race? Also the cars should be rented at the same time so neither driver can get more seat time in the car then the other.

that is a good idea.....I have always heard the best performance car is a rental car. What say ye, northern frontier?
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: Calling out T-boner!!!!

Where are your TN boys at? Must be hanging out with Jimmy at the hiding place.

Yeah, I was expecting some back-up but we aren't as tight-knit down here as you guys are up there. We stay too busy working, which reminds me.....I've been on here way too long and I really need to make some money. Cheers till later.
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: Calling out T-boner!!!!

Glad to see you are still around because you sure haven't stopped over to get a taste of the Z06, although you showed no restraint talking some big smack before I picked it up????? According to your little poll you started, the majority voted for you to win.....where ya been?
Ignition gremlins.
 

JSM

Active member
Re: Calling out T-boner!!!!

Ok, got an idea. 2 rental cars, 1 autocross, 1 drag race and after drag race the local go kart track.

T-bone -vs- Duncan auto Triathalon.

Agree on some dates, vehicles will be the same so down to driver skill.

Have not even ran this idea past Jeremy but you mentioned rental cars so here we are.
 

Loeryder

New member
Re: Calling out T-boner!!!!

I think there need to be 3 classes...

Ducan vs T-bone - Sy vs Sy drag race
Dobriack vs T-bone - S10 vs Zo6 auto X
Jeff vs T-bone - TT Ty vs Zo6 drag race

Majority rules KY/IN vs TN for the bragging rights. ;)
 
Top