Back in the game!! Trifecta!

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
As most of you know by now, I'm BACK in the game having picked up Randy Merritt's 92 White Gray with (now) 43k miles. It's Ty 0482

I've had 91's and a '93, and now I get to explore the often maligned 92's. :lol:

So far, the honeymoon has been great. PIcked it up in Carlisle and it ran perfect all the way home. Can't wait to clean it up, give it some TLC, and take some pics...which all will be happening soon enough. But currently have a back issue that keeps me from all of that.

Here is my inaugural drive in the truck. Video by Keith Sy1193

https://goo.gl/photos/jV1goGEvNmkeVukb9[/QUOTE]


And now, for the THANK YOU's:

Thanks to Randy Merritt, a thoroughly decent individual who was a pleasure to work with during this transaction. There are some things that I can't even tell you but that speak to his integrity. Absolute ideal kind of seller you want to deal with. Thank you Randy!!

Thanks to Harmon and Adam (and Ian) for bringing this truck from Florida up to Carlisle. This was the ideal transport arrangement, especially given their past history with the truck and their ability to fix anything that may have gone wrong. For the second half of the trip (7+ hours), the truck was on the road and ran great.

They were even nice enough to clean the bug splatter off of the front of the truck when it arrived!


Thanks for Jeff Z for the ride to Carlisle!!

Thanks to Sportmachines for keeping the SyTy flame lit.

So, this is my 4th truck and hopefully I'll be able to hang on to it for a long, long time. It kills me that I can't get into it right now because of back issues (or finish my garage makeover!), but there's always time.

BTW, a 92 white/gray was one of the very first Typhoons I ever saw in person. At the L.A. Auto Show in 1992! Here's a photo of it


Steve
 

randy merritt

Donating Member
Re: Back in the game!! Trifecta!

Great dealing with you Steve. I am glad to see the TY going to such a good home. Don't worry about the 92 haters. I'm not really sure what their problem is. He is a pic of it leaving my house for its last drive in Florida. Young Adam is at the wheel heading off to meet Harmon.

 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: Back in the game!! Trifecta!

Great dealing with you Steve. I am glad to see the TY going to such a good home. Don't worry about the 92 haters. I'm not really sure what their problem is. He is a pic of it leaving my house for its last drive in Florida. Young Adam is at the wheel heading off to meet Harmon.


:tup::tup:
 

Z SKI

Donating Member
Re: Back in the game!! Trifecta!

Good shit Steve!!! I was starting to think you weren't ever gonna get another one!!!
 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: Back in the game!! Trifecta!

Good shit Steve!!! I was starting to think you weren't ever gonna get another one!!!

Heh. To be honest, I wasn't really shopping. But this one came up and it just seemed right.

It just so happens that every vehicle I've had (including the GN) was either bought or sold in the 40k - 44k mileage range.
 

SYO237

SyTy Registry
Re: Back in the game!! Trifecta!

Glad you're stoked Steve!

Truck is pretty solid. Glad it went to someone like you so that next time I see it, I probably wont even recognize it. Other than the d!ck drivers we encountered while passing through Virginia, it was an uneventful drive....which is 100% what you want when facing a lengthy drive in these trucks. Truck ran very well as we set up slingshot and shake and bake maneuvers to get around traffic.

Problem now is Randy is needs another project!
 

mattw

Active member
Re: Back in the game!! Trifecta!

Love the picture of them cleaning the bugs off... Too funny!!
 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: Back in the game!! Trifecta!

Love that style/colour/year - by far the best! :tup:

Congrats mate!

Mark

Thanks, Mark.

Glad you're stoked Steve!

Truck is pretty solid. Glad it went to someone like you so that next time I see it, I probably wont even recognize it.

Heh...it will be cleaned up and maybe have more tint on the windows. Will take q-tips and toothbrushes to the engine bay...which isn't too bad. It's a great starting point for someone who makes up in detailing skills what he lacks in mechanical. :cool:
 

JoeSupra

New member
Re: Back in the game!! Trifecta!

Congrats. I was looking at that one before I bought mine here in Jersey. Nice truck.
 

atkonkler

Is this your bush?
Re: Back in the game!! Trifecta!

Congrats on another round in the Syty realm. Good luck and have fun with it.....any other questions refer to Dp.
 

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013
Re: Back in the game!! Trifecta!

the value sky rocketed after all those famous sytyer's balls were on it.
 

TNPhoon

1of28
Re: Back in the game!! Trifecta!

Very nice. Glad to see you nail one down. :tup: And for Adam to spend that much time in a 92 proves that it's a solid above-average machine.
 

adam92

Active member
Re: Back in the game!! Trifecta!

Congrats Steve,kind of making me jealous. I miss mine at times and think about getting another one. Back when I 1st got my Ty, I bought a set of factory rims and a factory 92 Ty stereo from a guy in Florida named Randy that had a white/grey Ty,but I don't remember his last name. Maybe the same Randy?
 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: Back in the game!! Trifecta!

Congrats Steve,kind of making me jealous. I miss mine at times and think about getting another one. Back when I 1st got my Ty, I bought a set of factory rims and a factory 92 Ty stereo from a guy in Florida named Randy that had a white/grey Ty,but I don't remember his last name. Maybe the same Randy?

Thanks Adam.

Doubt it was the same guy (although, who knows). This truck was owned less than a year before I bought it.
 
Top