any recomendations for new speakers

RS25.com

New member
For my 92 Ty, I used Boston 746's in the front, which required minor modification of the grates (clipped the flanges from the posts on each corner) and then some Boston RM9's for the rear, which required some minor mods (clipped the waffle-like grids from the rear of the 6x9 covers just in the center to clear the tweeter, as well as the flanges on the posts.) and everything dropped right in. They sound good as well, although I am running an Infinity powered sub to make up for the lack of bass.
 

Mephisto

These trucks are cursed
i like diamond audio speakers... i had some custom door panels made with 5 1/4" in the doors, and im in the process of getting a custom box made with one 10" diamond sub. all being powered by one rather large Xtant amp :wink: just my worthless opinion, but i dont think you can really get decent mids and highs from dash speakers, whether theyre 4x6s or 3" plates.
 

GM TURBO

Sell Out
Pull out all stereo shit - get a dump on the down pipe - external wastegate for boost control - no need for a stereo when you have an exhaust note like that. Plus, it is extra weight that is gonna slow you down.
 

1BADSUV

New member
Speaker's

Speaker's

I am running MB Quart 4" Component-set in the door's and will be adding the 6 1/2 Mid-bass driver's in the lower panel's next. I also have 6 1/2 Mid-bass driver's in the rear, will also be making a custom enclosure for a MM 10" subwoofer being powered by a Alpine mono-block amplifier. I originally had Eclipse two-way 4"X6" speaker's in the stock location's and they worked great.

Joel
 

rdtyphoon

New member
Speakers

Speakers

Well factory speaker size is a 4x6 plate in the dash, and a 6x9 in the rear side panel. Most speakers will drop right in except for a few which have magnets that are 2 large. Speakers though are all in listening preference. Go to some local stereo shops and listen to as many brands of each size as you can and get the one's you think sound the best. I can sit here and tell you my opinions all day but my listening tastes may be very different from yours. DONT FORGET TO TAKE A CD WITH music you like to hear with you to the shops. Also remember amplifiers will make speakers sound a great deal better thanjust a head unit. So take into consideration what you will be running the speakers with. (Deck or Amp).
If you cant find some decent speakers to drop in the factory locations, you can always have some custom work done. Now a days the sky is the limit on what can be put in to a vehicle. SO GOOD LUCK

0X
 

InvisiBill

Active member
What he said. Factory paper speakers suck. Anything aftermarket will be better. You should be able to pick just about anything in the standard size and have it fit. Just find one that sounds good...

Upgrading your head unit and/or adding an amp will give the system enough power that you don't have to run it full-out to hear it, leading to less distortion and better sound.

FYI, the Cerwin Vega 4x6 plates they sold at Best Buy are too big. Even with trimming off the nubs on the mounting posts, they're too deep and bow the grilles up... I heard the Kenwoods drop right in...
 

AlaskaTy

New member
I've got Eclipse 4x6's in the dash, Kenwook Excelon dual mags in the rear, and two Eclipse 10" dvc subs being powered by an Orion XTRpro 1000. I bought all this stuff from an over zealous friend who completely ran out of money 3 mo after buying all this stuff...I couldn't pass up the deal he gave me.
For performance I really like the dual mags...for mids they kick ass. The eclipse dash speakers aren't shabby and the subs hit hard and stay clean :D

Jason
 
Top