Alky nozzle position?

undrcvr_ty

Its just a blazer...
Re: Alky nozzle position?

I'm thinking of adding alky injection to mine too. What is under the top plate of the throttle body? I remember a Kenne Bell kit that put a 7th injector there, could alky be put there instead?
 

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.
Re: Alky nozzle position?

6 alky injectors? What is the benefit of having those over normal injectors? Why not put the injectors in the cylinder walls?

Has anyone got any evidence of the AFRs in the cylinders that supports all this turbulent flow theory?

Just curious - seems like a lot of detail and effort with little to no gains.

:dunno:
 

bezerk

New member
Re: Alky nozzle position?

i also don't think you can ''gain'' alot, it's not that alky is that hard to tune. the ECM and the feuling the ecm does on feul is way more ''harder'' to get a good A2F ratio,
alky you can dump in a shitload without really hurting performance.
if you are eagier of doing something way more different i would do the spacers and try to run NOS with small injectors, so you can easily step up up with the amount of nos you want to use, and still be in control when logging.
 

bezerk

New member
Re: Alky nozzle position?

I'm thinking of adding alky injection to mine too. What is under the top plate of the throttle body? I remember a Kenne Bell kit that put a 7th injector there, could alky be put there instead?

you want to put it between the intercooler and throttle body, to get a good mixture
 

mcskibadee1

New member
Re: Alky nozzle position?

Total noob question.What exactly does this do?Does it cool the air even more or raise the octane when in use? I have no idea what these do and how they work?Is seems like an upgrade that most of you have done.
 

WyoSyclone

Active member
Re: Alky nozzle position?

you want to put it between the intercooler and throttle body, to get a good mixture

I'm not sure... we know we have problems with unequal path lengths to our cylinders.. which isn't a big deal with injectors in each runner when things are pressurized. But, what happens when you inject a liquid upstream of an unbalanced plenum?? It's a mist when it gets injected, and may even turn to a vapor due to the heat present in the upper plenum walls. You may be 100% correct. But...
I just like to question everything...

Julio's kit ties into the map sensor. When the throttle blades close the upper intake sees a drop in pressure first, which is a good thing, I think, because the alky pump shuts down preventing puddling upstream of the TB.

When you go WOT, there is a lag associated with the intake charge getting up to full velocity/pressure. Does that cause a problem? IDK :dunno:

Sounds like a crank-fired sequential alky injection system is in order... with separate sprayers in each intake runner :D:D Sorry guys, this is how I have fun after the wife has gone to bed.
 

turbodig

Active member
Re: Alky nozzle position?

If you are willing to "experiment", I could CNC you a spacer out of 6061-T6 and drill and tap it in the locations of your choice. I already have the ports CAD'd out. You would only have to pay for material cost... Of course once you raise the height of the plenum, you are going to lose your hold downs on the IC unless you get longer brackets too.

Hmmmm. Lemme look into some jet sizes, and I might take you up on that.

The other thing I though of was the mounting tabs for the fuel rails... although, these have enough play in them that they'll probably still work.

Intercooler thing might be a problem... stock IC cap already rubs the sound-deadener as it is.
 
Top