qbnkiller
Conflaguration Specialist
So I had Abby out this afternoon to try and find the miss she's having. The temps around here are great (~50*) and I burned a few hours at work.
A little background....ran the truck this exact way, only couldn't build boost over 12-13#. Got home, did some digging, and ended up running a MBCV (Turbosmart - way nice). That got me running quite a bit better. Did lots more driveability tuning, then started to turn it up a bit. Once I hit around 16#, it started breaking up under WOT. Did a bunch of looking around, and after these runs, I think I may have the issue narrowed down a bunch. Either way, in this video you can see the following:
1) Launching at anything over 6-7# causes tire spin.
2) This turbo is insane! It is a T-3 .70 A/R 62mm turbo. I haven't even started taxing this unit yet...can't wait until I can keep my foot in it all the way....The spool is absolutely great on the street (TCI billet 3,000-stall converter).
3) Even at these low TPS %, the truck is a monster! I will have to work on getting this power to the ground once the winter is over out here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVT96HXalr4
I believe that my problem is in the Accel box. I will be looking into it more over the weekend. Anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks for looking!
-QBNKILLER
A little background....ran the truck this exact way, only couldn't build boost over 12-13#. Got home, did some digging, and ended up running a MBCV (Turbosmart - way nice). That got me running quite a bit better. Did lots more driveability tuning, then started to turn it up a bit. Once I hit around 16#, it started breaking up under WOT. Did a bunch of looking around, and after these runs, I think I may have the issue narrowed down a bunch. Either way, in this video you can see the following:
1) Launching at anything over 6-7# causes tire spin.
2) This turbo is insane! It is a T-3 .70 A/R 62mm turbo. I haven't even started taxing this unit yet...can't wait until I can keep my foot in it all the way....The spool is absolutely great on the street (TCI billet 3,000-stall converter).
3) Even at these low TPS %, the truck is a monster! I will have to work on getting this power to the ground once the winter is over out here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVT96HXalr4
I believe that my problem is in the Accel box. I will be looking into it more over the weekend. Anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks for looking!
-QBNKILLER