BowTy
New member
Needed rims for snow tires, yea I know, not good to drive such a nice car in the salty winter, but life it short, enjoy it now, besides, owned enough cars in the salt belt to know how to button up the rust prone areas. I now people are finding some other great choices for rims, just thought I would offer up how it looks with these rims. Not sure I like black rims (kind of reminds me of a car that lost its hubcaps LOL), but a bit of silver trim helps, and they are for winter, so that’s good enough.
Not sure how long some have been a SyTy owner, but I go back to 1995, so I remember the first attempts at looking to find what fit. Tire Rack years ago helped by finding that the offset/bolt pattern of the 93-96 F-Body matched our fronts, and the 82-92 F-Body fit our rears. Not a lot to choose from these days with those cars, so my choice was limited, but these fit quite well, no clearance issues, and they do not stick out. Sticking out looks cool, but water spray, and salty crap snow flies up and coats the side of the truck wicked like! They are 17” rims, with an ET of 45mm on the front, and an ET of 0/zero for the rears. I think they are way too expensive, but it still seems with all the 20” rims and up these days, that 17” still commands a lot more money than a 16” rim does, not that there is much cost difference to make it one inch bigger. They are from Hurst (that’s not a brand LOL), an old school American iconic name, but blasphemy has them made in China, that is just sickening! The tech at Tire Rack says that most rims are now made in China, even American Racing, with only a few from the better companies like Alcoa, BBS still made elsewhere.
Rides well enough, first time running snow tires on the truck, 235mm seem to be able to hold to the power. Making around 550 lb-ft of torque, so I am sort of surprised they hook up so well, see how they do in snow.
Not sure how long some have been a SyTy owner, but I go back to 1995, so I remember the first attempts at looking to find what fit. Tire Rack years ago helped by finding that the offset/bolt pattern of the 93-96 F-Body matched our fronts, and the 82-92 F-Body fit our rears. Not a lot to choose from these days with those cars, so my choice was limited, but these fit quite well, no clearance issues, and they do not stick out. Sticking out looks cool, but water spray, and salty crap snow flies up and coats the side of the truck wicked like! They are 17” rims, with an ET of 45mm on the front, and an ET of 0/zero for the rears. I think they are way too expensive, but it still seems with all the 20” rims and up these days, that 17” still commands a lot more money than a 16” rim does, not that there is much cost difference to make it one inch bigger. They are from Hurst (that’s not a brand LOL), an old school American iconic name, but blasphemy has them made in China, that is just sickening! The tech at Tire Rack says that most rims are now made in China, even American Racing, with only a few from the better companies like Alcoa, BBS still made elsewhere.
Rides well enough, first time running snow tires on the truck, 235mm seem to be able to hold to the power. Making around 550 lb-ft of torque, so I am sort of surprised they hook up so well, see how they do in snow.