Re: Finally Dyno'd my truck
I'm curious about the numbers as well. Seems like at 21 lbs it should have a lot more in it!
I made 290/360 at the rear wheels @ 8psi on a pretty small turbo.
The time seems pretty fast though :tup:
Re: Trans Mount Bolt - Broke
Does the nut shear off when you try to loosen it? I've had very good luck with those bolt extractors that you drill a hole in the bolt, then screw the extractor in (reverse threads) and it eventually breaks loose.
Re: Battery exploded ? !
Had that happen with a small front end loader at work. A guy found the battery dead in the morning, hooked up the charger for an hour at 50 or so amps and as soon as he clicked the key to start it up, the engine cover blew off the back. Those batteries are about 3 times...
Re: Singin' the Flex-a-Form Blues
One leaf spring probably failed and the other twisted and broke the same way at the weak spot. They break there because that's the point of highest stress.
A combination of tightening the u-bolts evenly and to spec and maybe adding in a rubber gasket between...
Re: 2008 Zo6 Brakes
Are you serious? How did you even get the rear-end back together? Seems like the axle wouldn't slide back in but I guess I wouldn't really know.
After I did my C5 swap in the front I didn't notice any difference in rotating mass but maybe it has to do more with AWD vs the...
Re: Custom downpipes for 2WD trucks?
Won't a 4wd one work? If you have A/C I doubt there is one that will fit your 99. I made my own and it wasn't that hard. I went from a single piece to a 2-piece downpipe (w/ ball and socket flange) for ease of bolting up and removing. Just get your buddy to...
Re: EBC rotors and pads?
I went with the C5 dimpled and slotted rotors with red stuff pads. I have no complaints except there is quite a bit of brake dust. I suppose that's mostly because of the slots tho.
They look great and seem to be very high quality parts :tup:
Re: pte BB 74mm for sale
Seems like a good price. Is this turbo to far out of the 300-400 hp range to be used effectively? What kind of converter would be ideal?
Re: Which radiator for better summer cooling???
If your running electric fans, make sure you can support the increased load on the alternator. If your voltage drops your going to lose cooling capacity
Re: Mothers powerball.
I use the regular big red one on paint and it works very very well. I used it with Turtlewax brand rubbing and polishing compound in the little white containers. I'm not sure how well other compounds would work. The only complaint I have is the mess it makes. Little...